Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double-charged by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
Does anyone know who to contact??

picked up delivery yesterday and inspected car before purchasing.

paid through the Tesla app on my phone, clicked pay once, got one receipt,

woke up today with 2 charges of 56k.
Contacted Tesla and they said there’s only one charge on the account.

does anyone know who to contact??

I wish I could have charged the balance to my AMEX to get the points. Bank transfer only.

Has anyone actually initiated a bank transfer with the app? I had to log onto my Tesla.com account through my PC.

A therapist - chillax! 1) Tesla will only let you put a downpayment on a credit card ($56K?? I don't believe it) and 2) no way 2 charges went through that quick - the duplicate will drop off within a few days. I'm sure they both show as "pending" now....

My friend, you were not "scammed by Tesla." Oh brother. As tibook said, have a chat with your bank.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
Let me reiterate
I paid with my savings account routing and checking number so it’s the equivalent of cash. The money was withdrawn immediately, no pending no nothing.

hopefully they fix it soon. I’ll update you guys.

794AC3E4-CBC3-4BF9-A7E8-CA63BF538149.jpeg

I'm sure OP will have the 2nd transfer cancelled...but as @Dennisis hints at, it's probably best not to keep that much money in an account that you use for ACH transfers. The account that I use for ACH transfers has a minimal balance in it. I also have overdraft protection disabled so I would never be out anything if a company does accidentally double-dip.

End-of-quarter shenanigans from Tesla? :oops:

This is REALLY nutty. You should talk to your bank as well. You figure they'd see two large duplicate charges (>$100k total!!) and would want to confirm things with you.

Lol thanks for all the feedback. Good to know.

the funding guy from Fremont called me and said they are working on it. Once they realized it’s not a pending charge they have to initiate a refund that can take a few days.... what a thrill first Tesla stories

Reactions: GreenT and Hrtme
End-of-quarter shenanigans from Tesla? :oops:

This is REALLY nutty. You should talk to your bank as well. You figure they'd see two large duplicate charges (>$100k total!!) and would want to confirm things with you.
Pretty crazy. They said "talk to tesla first and get it taken care of on your end. If you can't we have to close your account due to fraudulent charges and create a new one and investigate"

Same thing here 2 chargers for 63k and showed Tesla the duplicate charge still nothing done.

I refused delivery for a model y on 3/24/21 and decided to order a model 3. Delivery reps said it was fine to do that and i didnt have to take the car. On 3/25/21 i have two ach transfers of 44,000+ each. This is absurd. So a total of 80,000 + was taken for a car i refused delivery on. I have a model 3 arriving in a few days and need the funds to pay for that one!

what is going on tesla??