Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double-charged by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One for sure was on this thread.. The other messaged me privately on twitter and they are how you say "famous" and didn't want to be acknowledged on the media.

So...these other 3 members here feel privileged enough to come to a public forum, participate in a discussion alleging "scam" and "fraud" by Elon Musk and Tesla, but don't feel responsible to report back as to the final outcome of their double charging?

This isn't ethical behavior by any standard. I could name those 3 members, but anyone can go back and find them in this thread. Shameful, and legally, defamatory.

So...these other 3 members here feel privileged enough to come to a public forum, participate in a discussion alleging "scam" and "fraud" by Elon Musk and Tesla, but don't feel responsible to report back as to the final outcome of their double charging?

This isn't ethical behavior by any standard. I could name those 3 members, but anyone can go back and find them in this thread. Shameful, and legally, defamatory.
maybe they just dont care now that they have their money back
ill let you guys know what "thing" they ggive us

Reactions: Pianewman
el-guapin: Watch everydaychris 2nd video. Skip to about 6 minutes in, and he explains what HIS experience was, and how it was resolved.

The other 3 posters never reposted. Made the allegations, against TESLA, and then disappeared. Very bad form.

Reactions: el-guapin
Wow, this is nuts. Hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later.... I told the Tesla delivery guy that I was going to bring in a cashier's check for the balance due and they were fine with it. This was after reading a few horror stories about this 'Plaid' group and having to give your banking login....
Good to know about the cashier's check. It's not listed as a payment option on tesla's site but that's what I plan on doing now, vs the direct debit from a bank account.

Reactions: everydaychris
Hmm.. I asked for the 2k upgrade but she said prob not so I'm assuming free supercharging miles?

She said Tesla would let us know sometime this week if anything.
I STILL don't understand why you think you're justified in even asking Tesla for compensation, since you determined, and explained to all here, that it was your financing agency that screwed up, not Tesla. You should be asking THEM for compensation: knock off a payment? (Actually, except for a few days of stress, it seems you didn't suffer any financial loss or hardship.)

I STILL don't understand why you think you're justified in even asking Tesla for compensation, since you determined, and explained to all here, that it was your financing agency that screwed up, not Tesla. You should be asking THEM for compensation: knock off a payment? (Actually, except for a few days of stress, it seems you didn't suffer any financial loss or hardship.)
Well I mean Tesla did charge me twice for a car. That's their fault. Even if it was a software glitch they inconvenienced the customer.

It also was not my financial agency that screwed up. You might have misinterpreted what I was saying. They simply said they won't do anything because Tesla withdrew the money already. The only thing they could do was start a fraud case charge.

Tesla was at fault. Software glitch, scheming, who knows. But regardless, it was on their end. Not on my end, pressing pay twice, And, not on the bank's end withdrawing money twice.

Reactions: Itsame
Well I mean Tesla did charge me twice for a car. That's their fault. Even if it was a software glitch they inconvenienced the customer.

It also was not my financial agency that screwed up. You might have misinterpreted what I was saying. They simply said they won't do anything because Tesla withdrew the money already. The only thing they could do was start a fraud case charge.

Tesla was at fault. Software glitch, scheming, who knows. But regardless, it was on their end. Not on my end, pressing pay twice, And, not on the bank's end withdrawing money twice.
Yes, I misunderstood your video. You clearly said "financial department", and I thought your said "financial agency", from outside Tesla.

However, how were you financially damaged by this "glitch"? Did it cost you anything, other than concern?

"Scheming"??? You continue to think there was actual "scheming"? Do you think Tesla's accounting department wouldn't have noticed this double charge, and you believe they would have kept the second charge? Seriously?

IF YOU still feel this way, I strongly recommend you sell your car/stock in Tesla. Clearly you don't trust them, and every time you deal with them, you'll be suspicious.

Your sense of entitlement started off as amusing. Now I think it's troublesome. You did not suffer financially because of this accidental electronic glitch. Period.

However, I noticed it took SEVEN MINUTES into this video for you to state that, 4-5 days after this issue surfaced, TESLA HAD NEVER RECEIVED ANY OF THIS MONEY!!! They didn't show ANYTHING on their end, so no wonder they couldn't offer any quick solution.

Let's set aside the usage of the word "scam", as this was not a scam. It's odd that you are so defensive of Tesla in this situation. Why does Tesla not hold any responsibility? Wasn't it their payment system that caused the double charge? Why blame the consumer in this scenario when they are out $50k for several days?

No scam. No scheme. No fraud. A simple administrative error that caused no harm.

I'm not defending Tesla. As I said before, I would be defending Ford, GM, VAG, MasterCard, ANY bank, for a similar error, that caused no harm.

If the 4 that posted here were financially harmed by those 5 days w/o their funds, they are entitled to pursue that, after they have offered proof.

No scam. No scheme. No fraud. A simple administrative error that caused no harm.

I'm not defending Tesla. As I said before, I would be defending Ford, GM, VAG, MasterCard, ANY bank, for a similar error, that caused no harm.

If the 4 that posted here were financially harmed by those 5 days w/o their funds, they are entitled to pursue that, after they have offered proof.
No harm? What? As someone who was not effected how can you make that statement? Okay, let's get real. I will (unplanned) take $50k cash out of your checking/savings account for several days. Let's see if I caused "harm".

My guess is it impacted people significantly and some may have had bills bounce. So financially this was a huge impact. The secondary issue is the extreme inconvenience this caused. I can't imagine trying to get this fixed with Tesla's lack of organization/terrible customer service.

Reactions: everydaychris

Definitely does not hurt to ask, I would. Those that don't ask don't get. Glad you got your money back.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Was charged 63k two times and no one at Tesla will get back to me don’t even have the car until Saturday such bs was the smooth ex until now ...

this just happened to me. through the Tesla app, i sent a payment of $69,000. i hit submit once, but it appears to have charged me twice. the app now says i owe -$69,000.

on the phone right now with my bank to see what they say.