Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double-charged by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this just happened to me. through the Tesla app, i sent a payment of $69,000. i hit submit once, but it appears to have charged me twice. the app now says i owe -$69,000.

on the phone right now with my bank to see what they say
So what was the result? They were going to let 2 charges go through within a few seconds for the same amount to the same merchant? I see you took the time to down vote 2 of my posts so now I'm curious..... And were these credit card charges?...

• Disagree
Reactions: Pezpunk
So what was the result? They were going to let 2 charges go through within a few seconds for the same amount to the same merchant? I see you took the time to down vote 2 of my posts so now I'm curious..... And were these credit card charges?...
yes, both charges were attempted to be processed. I have talked to my bank and to Tesla, and It's unclear what the steps will be from here.

ironic and telling what kind of person you are that you're the one mad when i'm the one out $69,000. have some perspective.

• Funny
Reactions: Dennisis
yes, both charges were attempted to be processed. I have talked to my bank and to Tesla, and It's unclear what the steps will be from here.

ironic and telling what kind of person you are that you're the one mad when i'm the one out $69,000. have some perspective.
Get over yourself already, I'm not mad at all and you know nothing about me - just thought it odd you'd be downvoting my posts from 6 months ago. You didn't answer my question - credit card charge? I'm surprised Tesla would actually let you charge the full amount on a card. Usually they'll just take a down payment on one. And I'm sure you know banks look for these double charges all the time and the second one won't go through. Regardless, from your discourteous tone I'm sure they're enjoying dealing with you...

• Disagree
Reactions: bro1999 and Pezpunk

You didn't directly answer the question, but if it's a credit card, I don't think there is much to worry about, as those are easily reversible.

If it's a bank transfer it may take longer, as Tesla may have to return your funds separately and that may take a while.

You didn't directly answer the question, but if it's a credit card, I don't think there is much to worry about, as those are easily reversible.

If it's a bank charge it may take longer as Tesla may have to return your funds separately and that may take a while.
I don't believe that Tesla accepts a cc for payment. It was probably done through the third-party processor, Plaid, which has access to your banking info.