Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double-charged by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, just

no, the person you spoke with at Ally is wrong. Call them back, ask for a supervisor, explain that Tesla withdrew the same amount, on the same day and that it is a duplicate ACH and that you want it reversed.
What if tesla actually charged twice? Is it still considered a duplicate by ACH system? See image attached. They acknowledge the two charges. Eitherway i started a claim with bank of america they say it will take up to 45 business days to resolve.

Attachments

• A7EA1553-B2BE-4FB1-829C-43E25A896F92.png
    A7EA1553-B2BE-4FB1-829C-43E25A896F92.png
    360.7 KB · Views: 91
What if tesla actually charged twice? Is it still considered a duplicate by ACH system? See image attached. They acknowledge the two charges. Eitherway i started a claim with bank of america they say it will take up to 45 business days to resolve.
ACH is the system that direct debits get processed through. It is run by NACHA and duplicate debits are enough of an issue that they are specifically mentioned as a reason for a reversal. I put a link up above that covers this a bit.

go back to Bank of America, ask for a supervisor, and keep pushing until they reverse it. Magic words are “This is a duplicate ACH transfer and I am contacting you within 5 business days. I would like this reversed and if you refuse I will file a complaint with NACHA and call a lawyer”

Talked to a supervisor and it was the same thing. “The money is gone. There is nothing to reverse. We can submit a fraud cause and get the money back but can take 90 days. Best to do it through Tesla first if they acknowledge the issue.”
Sigh... calling Tesla tmrw and Wednesday

Talked to a supervisor and it was the same thing. “The money is gone. There is nothing to reverse. We can submit a fraud cause and get the money back but can take 90 days. Best to do it through Tesla first if they acknowledge the issue.”
Sigh... calling Tesla tmrw and Wednesday’s
To be clear, you gave Tesla your banking info and they pulled the funds from your account? Or did you go to a third party payment provider?

Insane. This is a massive Tesla Finance screw up. Why not just go into the closest Sales center and wait there until they fix it?

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
Tesla should give you the equivalent of 1k miles free supercharging for this kind of screw up. That's a lot of money!

• Disagree
Oh boy - when you thought those hellions from Fremont couldn't top themselves - there are apparently a spate of ACH transactions over recent weeks where Tesla has been double-charging its new car buyers.

I don't know about you - but I think I'd have a tough time working through a negative $52,000 account balance.

Tesla is apparently not being particularly helpful with this latest nightmare - in many cases telling folks to go to their bank to reverse the transaction. Which if anyone knows anything about the ACH system, is not something one can do.

Oh boy - when you thought those hellions from Fremont couldn't top themselves - there are apparently a spate of ACH transactions over recent weeks where Tesla has been double-charging its new car buyers.

I don't know about you - but I think I'd have a tough time working through a negative $52,000 account balance.

Tesla is apparently not being particularly helpful with this latest nightmare - in many cases telling folks to go to their bank to reverse the transaction. Which if anyone knows anything about the ACH system, is not something one can do.

It is something one can do. a consumer can reject the second charge - all they have to do is contact their bank and notify them that the second transaction was unauthorized. the consumer will likely have to sign an attestation stating that and the bank will return that second transaction. consumers have 60 days to dispute the transaction in this manner with their bank (longer if it's fraud), businesses / commercial accounts have 3 days. all covered under Reg E.

It is something one can do. a consumer can reject the second charge - all they have to do is contact their bank and notify them that the second transaction was unauthorized. the consumer will likely have to sign an attestation stating that and the bank will return that second transaction. consumers have 60 days to dispute the transaction in this manner with their bank (longer if it's fraud), businesses / commercial accounts have 3 days. all covered under Reg E.
Sadly - this is not how it works with Wells Fargo. If banks handles these situations differently, then I would suppose it all comes down to hoping you have the "right" bank.

Just once -- I would love to see Elon provide an apology or factual explanation on his Twitter account.

• Love
Insane. This is a massive Tesla Finance screw up. Why not just go into the closest Sales center and wait there until they fix it?
The insanity is that nobody has any idea why it happened or when money is coming back. Sales people delivery people could not answer. I get the same answer each time now. We created case number and emailed the right department. Expect payment back in 1-5 days but they cant tell me whether its by check or ACH...