TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Double-ICEd by a Hummer

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by TEG, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#1 TEG, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I think that might have inspired me to place a call to a towing company.

3. Bearman

Bearman Member

That deserves a banana in the exhaust pipe.

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Back in my younger days I would keep a bar of Ivory soap in my car. To write *nice* comments on people's windshields for such parking jobs. Now I write things in the dirt layer on their car. Much more subtle.

And back when I had my neon I would have close parked him about 1" away. Sadly s/he has enough room on both sides where it wouldn't matter.

5. Dan5

Dan5 Member

Undo the gas cap and force the EV plug in there and force it to charge "boom" or pop the hood and overcharge his battery

and when the police come "well officer- he was parked in the EV parking spot and it was an EV, but just forgot to plug it in so I plugged it in for him- I though he needed a charge"

Or drill a hole in the gas tank to drain all his gasoline since he's an EV, he doesn't need gas

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

If the cable reaches, park behind him and start charging...

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Yeah. That one would be an easy call to make for the blocking two spots alone.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Discontinued!

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Poking a hole with a screwdriver works fine.

10. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Let's not go crazy people, draining a gas tank is hardly environmentally sound. Simply jamming something into a tire valve stem would do the trick :wink: A note would probably be more appropriate.

11. Dan5

Dan5 Member

Or electrify the door handles.... People tend to get a little POed with notes. I left one on a Mercedes that was quadruple parked and in 2 handicap spaces to top it off. He went into the store and flipped out at the manager and demanded video of the parking lot. People like that don't respond to notes, towing the car or accidentally trying to charge it would work. Trying to jam the charger in the gas tank may work too. LOL

12. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

If a person would flip out over a note I think they might react poorly to your attempts to charge their vehicle.

13. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Best to not engage these people directly. They may not be stable. If they're parked illegally, let the proper people know.

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

No one would waste gas like that. I saw a movie where they used hubcaps to gather the stuff.

15. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Agreed, and his guy apparently doesn't bother with license plates either. A call to the authorities is the best approach.

Larry

16. If its private property a call to the authorities will not do much of anything.... I think the best approach is to leave a humorous note on his windshield so he does not do it again!

17. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

In my neighborhood, this Hummer would be at risk for being (a) keyed, (b) tire-slashed, (c) side-mirror smashed, (d) all of the above. Not that I would condone any such action....

18. rough neighborhood or they hate gas guzzlers?:biggrin:

19. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Well, if necessary for this guy it might be worth the effort of waiting until he takes his Hummer on public streets and then call the cops for driving without a license plate. :wink:

Larry

20. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

A neighborhood with a strong respect for internal regulation. There's a reason that Hollywood has made several movies recently about my neighborhood, most recently The Town (also Mystic River). Good article HERE about the nature of crime here. Basically, if you play by the rules, you're good; you make trouble, they make trouble for you.