Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double-ICEd by a Hummer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hummer blocking both EV parking spots...
I can only assume that the driver did that intentionally, out of some powerful animosity towards electric cars.

Best to not engage these people directly. They may not be stable. If they're parked illegally, let the proper people know.
Agree!

If its private property a call to the authorities will not do much of anything.... I think the best approach is to leave a humorous note on his windshield so he does not do it again!
If my assumption is correct, a note will have no effect. This is probably an aggressive person who has blocked the two chargers on purpose and considers his act a good practical joke on anybody who needs to charge their car. "That's what you get for buying a car that can't run on gas!"

Taking any direct action could easily lead to a physical confrontation. Best to report it to the cops.

In Mexico, people don't put "no parking" signs by their driveways. Instead, the signs read (in Spanish, of course) "Tires punctured for free." I'd laugh if I saw someone puncturing this guy's tires, or slashing them, but I wouldn't do it myself. For one, that would be illegal, even though he is illegally parked, and for another, I'd be scared to.

There's another possibility: That someone staged this shot to post on the internet, and then replaced the license plate and moved the vehicle. The lack of a plate suggests that it might be a staged shot. Driving without a plate is something even a Hummer driver is unlikely to do, but someone staging a shot for posting on the net would not want his car to be identifiable.

There's another possibility: That someone staged this shot to post on the internet, and then replaced the license plate and moved the vehicle. The lack of a plate suggests that it might be a staged shot. Driving without a plate is something even a Hummer driver is unlikely to do, but someone staging a shot for posting on the net would not want his car to be identifiable.
Presumably it's not staged. TEG lifted the picture from this post on MNL: My Nissan Leaf Forum View topic - Sad state of San Francisco chargers

It was probably photoshopped out. Many people posting pictures of cars without permission do that.

Last edited:
It was probably photoshopped out. Many people posting pictures of cars without permission do that.

Or someone just bought it and they don't have plates yet. (In California), Even used cars can run with no plates if they have the red temporary registration card in the front windshield as they wait for new plates.

You know what would be way more effective? Keep a tire valve core removal tool in your car. You can deflate four tires in seconds. What are they going to do? Call the cops? They're the ones parked illegally. Put the cores back in and all you stole was air. No damage done except to their convenience.

In theory of course. I'm not really that vindictive. But it sure would make a point, wouldn't it?

Leave a $1 bill under the windshield with a note: "Gas money donation -- should cover exiting the parking lot"

OK, now that that's out of my system... :)

This picture has had the equivalent reaction to waving a red flag in front of a bull... Stay classy TMC!

You know what would be way more effective? Keep a tire valve core removal tool in your car. You can deflate four tires in seconds. What are they going to do? Call the cops? They're the ones parked illegally. Put the cores back in and all you stole was air. No damage done except to their convenience.

As long as you are ready to deal with the owner catching you in the act.