Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double Paned Windows on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, Model Y is the new flagship product. You could try a DIY, though.
I've been having similar thoughts, with the Model Y rumored to get air suspension,heated steering & bio-weapon defense mode there is less reason to get an X, the increased luxury features can't be justified for the price difference. Hopefully Tesla also refresh the Model X and increase its luxury to justify the price difference: 2nd screen, falcon wing doors and 6 seater option isn't enough to justify the large price difference. Curious to see what happens, I wouldn't buy a Y or X until the changes are announced.

6 seater option isn't enough to justify the large price difference. Curious to see what happens, I wouldn't buy a Y or X until the changes are announced.

6 seater is additional price so it's not included in the existing price difference. I think the latest range update is the best you can get for a Model X before they come out with Plaid and Cybertruck, and I wouldn't want to get the taste of any first year runs of those upcoming newcomers.

Model X might get new drivetrain along with plaid, but it's possible that they'll decide only after they see how Cybertruck sells against the other new EV SUVs (almost everyone seems to have those in the making). Maybe they make a new mini Cybertruck or maybe they refresh the Model X (traffic/pedestrian safety laws in different countries might require modification of the Cybertruck anyways).

Again, I wouldn't want to get the taste of that newcomer either (for current X it took almost five years for them to work out the quality kinks).

I wish I could turn the self presenting doors off. They are kind of a pain.

BioDefense will never happen in Y.

Double pane windows, ha ha. It's called acoustic glass. It's just a thicker layer in the middle.
All windshields are "double pane".

3 and Y need to do something to make them more tolerable on the road. Which is why I dumped my 3 for an X.
Least they are attempting to address it now.

Uh, I am able to turn off the self-presenting door when needed. Are you sure you looked in the menu for that?

I shut that off the first day. I still don’t like that they are powered.

I’m always working against it.

No, don’t open that far
no, I want you to open further
no, don’t touch me, I’m not done opening yet.

I've been having similar thoughts, with the Model Y rumored to get air suspension,heated steering & bio-weapon defense mode there is less reason to get an X, the increased luxury features can't be justified for the price difference. Hopefully Tesla also refresh the Model X and increase its luxury to justify the price difference: 2nd screen, falcon wing doors and 6 seater option isn't enough to justify the large price difference. Curious to see what happens, I wouldn't buy a Y or X until the changes are announced.

If they aren't going to refresh the X, they might as well cancel it.

Not sure I agree - the X is an entirely different segment than the Y. It's an SUV instead of a CUV. As of right now the X is the only electric SUV on the market and I think Tesla will continue to sell Model X's because of that.

Correct.

The X is a wholly different beast than the Y.

Towing capacity.
Actually USABLE third row.
Cargo capacity.
Range.
Captains chairs - 2nd row.

So many things differentiate the X from the Y .... and they're not even close. The Y wouldn't satisfy our needs; the X hits every one of them out of the park.