Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doubt:Buy Model S used 2014 or wait I can afford M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I must wait some Tesla MS 2015 or M3?
So, I must wait some Tesla MS 2015 or M3?
You're probably past this, but way I see it, mulligan ordering a used Model S on the cheap 2015 & up, AP with convenience, liftgate, air suspension, as loaded as I could get one, some cats like bells & flashy things. LOL, so if I decided to get something else. I know I will eventually want to upgrade in a some years, & sooner when social distancing with Tesla people @ superchargers, & seeing more MY’s pulling in LOL...

UPDATE: I find an Model S 85P (2013) at 38K euro :) What do you think?
Personally, no, if they can show you full maintenance records, then it depends, regardless, get the Tesla you think is right for you, you would only know the EV you need according to where you live. I had two non Tesla EV’s & a hybrid (yes Prius) before a Tesla just because of cost, & speaking on cost you also have to factor in maintenance as well, Tesla’s are expensive to fix, especially out of warranty, so if you cant “budget” for it & need one soon, then I would seek other options, or wait till there are more MS on the used market.

I struggled with this dilemma for a while. Ended up going with 2014 S85, with 120,000 km on the odometer.

I love the car. But it hasn't been cheap to operate. Have had to replace:
- Brake rotors and pads (all 4)
- Parking brake
- Windshield washer fluid pump
- A/C compressor
- One door handle
- Wheel bearing + sway bars
- One upper control arm

I'm also in the process of buying new all-seasons because the ones the (used) car came with were highly worn.

I've only owned it for a year. I don't mind the brake and tire stuff because that's true of any used car. Only the A/C compressor was a weird one. But because it's a fancy car, all the parts cost more than they would on a normal vehicle.

I still love the car and I intend to keep it for years. That's why I'm putting money into it... because I want it to last. But it still sucks getting a new-to-me car and having to do all this.