Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doug Loverro, new Chief of Human Spaceflight, resigns from NASA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh sorry.., did not know that is insensitive.

As with most unconsciously insensitive statements yours was not egregious, but it was a marginalizing statement all the same.

For the record, "her good looks" is equally, if not more marginalizing. No female Senator (and, pretty much, no woman anywhere) wants their gender or level of attractiveness to be their identifying characteristic. Simply identify and judge them--either positively or negatively--based on the content of their character, words, and actions.

I'm not trying to make a big deal here as I know this is way OT, but these are the learning moment that really make a difference--for everyone reading, not just @Brn2Run. Calling out unconsciously sexist remarks isn't about starting an argument or placing blame. Its about encouraging self-reflection and behavioral modification.

Well, since we're calling out people for sweeping generalizations and political correctness, let me speak on behalf of the world's supermodels, who most definitely want to be known for their level of attractiveness.

The beauty industry is worth $532 Billion and is rapidly growing. People spend a tremendous amount of money, effort and time to look beautiful and be perceived as such, despite what self-important PC Police would indoctrinate you to believe. Can we get back to talking about Tesla, EVs, and putting people on the moon now?