Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Down payment tesla x plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a minimum of down payment to get approved for tesla x plaid ?
I'm asking that because I've order the tesla plaid and my delivery date will be March 17.
I need to apply this Monday March 14.

If I choose 2k usd monthly payment, I have to pay at the deliver around 12.5k usd (included tax and fees around 8.5k) so my down payment will be around 4k usd.

So, this very low or I should offer more in my application ? What you guys think ?

Down payment or not, it depends on your credit worthiness. Lender may also look to your debt to income ratio.
If you have a mortgage with good payment history, you may also have better chance to get approved.
I would also shop around once the first lender pulled your credit.
Like others said, the more you put down, the less your monthly payments.

Down payment or not, it depends on your credit worthiness. Lender may also look to your debt to income ratio.
If you have a mortgage with good payment history, you may also have better chance to get approved.
I would also shop around once the first lender pulled your credit.
Like others said, the more you put down, the less your monthly payments.
I've got it 2.74% with 15% down-payment (including taxes fee) tesla x plaid.

I think the banks don't like you if you want to come in and walk out with a brand new car and pay nothing unless you have a perfect credit profile.
Got mine approved overnight (applied midnight) from US Bank for 2.75 with 6K down.
I know rates may change due to long wait but who knows the X may come earlier since all pre-delivery tasks is done.

If you have great credit and can afford it, put zero down, as the risk is if the car is a LOSS in an accident within the first year or two, your down payment could be lost if the INS gives a low ball price of value for replacement.
Make sure you have gap insurance and a car insurance with an added Full Replacement Value (cost is minimal addition), this adds a % over the value of your car if totaled so that you have less of a hit if the car is lost and buying a new one.

Zero down will be a higher payment, however you can pay off the car in a few years when there won’t be as big of a depreciation.

Just my 2 cents Re:Financial Risk mitigation.