Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Down Payment with CC

Godlife

Jun 2, 2019
Socal
Has anyone successfully put the down payment at tesla with a credit card? Seeing if I can squeeze some mileage out of my CC when I go pick up the car next week. Thanks!

DriveMe

Aug 12, 2017
NE OH
If by “down payment” you mean the $2,500 deposit made when placing the order, then yes!
If you mean the loan down payment, I don’t think that can be paid with a Credit Card.

groovidad

Living the Dream!
Oct 19, 2018
Ewa Beach, HI
Down payment only. I read somewhere in the contract that a CC could not be used for balance of vehicle price. I wanted the frequent flyer miles but, not to be had.

LoL Rick

Like Buttah
Apr 21, 2014
Land O Lakes, FL
if you pay without a loan can you pay with credit card?
No. They only let you pay the initial $2500 by credit card. The bonus cash or miles that everyone is after come out of the percentage of the transaction that Tesla pays to the credit card processor. The company is well aware of this, so they limit the amount that you can pay by CC. The balance must be paid by check or wire transfer.

• Informative
Reactions: Candleflame

rickitytick

Jun 5, 2019
Ohio
I financed through my bank, but when they cut the check they calculated wrong and were short by about $700. My Delivery Advisor noticed it and I just paid the difference with my card. So maybe in certain circumstances, you can use a CC.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC