Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to let the dust settle a few days and then give them a call. I am hoping they release a statement or a process with details but that is highly unlikely.

I will gladly take that $2k back in my pocket as I don't need heated seats where I live and the range is negligible for my needs.

I'd be careful about the decision not to have heated seats. I live in San Diego and while much of the year is pleasant, during the colder winter months when the temps drop into the 40's, I find myself using the heated seats a lot. I probably used them 4-5 months this past year, starting in late October through March. It's a lot more efficient using heated seats to stay comfy than running the car's heater system, especially on shorter trips. Dallas gets pretty cold in the winter months as well - you maybe wishing you had heated seats on those days!

To be honest it makes no business sense to me: they are giving away money just because they can't explain what we are getting from the $2000 "Plus". (Which did make me wonder a bit as an SR+ user yesterday) Instead they should give SR+ subscriptions like streaming and live traffic (5.0s acceleration for $600?), so that they earn money, SR+ users feel more "Plus", and LR users don't care because no one buys LR for premium interior.

Just got off phone with sales staff. SR+ should get nav and streaming radio upgrades, maybe more so converting to Standard is not necessarly just dropping range and heated seats vs SR+. Delivery teams suppose to contact those who already received SR+ to discuss options. Will see if this is accurate.

not what AZ rep told me, I'm changing to SR and saving $2K just in case Elon changes his mind. I can always switch back/upgrade if needed.

Heated seats are a negative here in AZ, we provide it thru solar ;)

Correct, SR wasn't supposed to get LED fog lights and the 0-60 is supposed to be 5.6 seconds vs. 5.3 for the SR+. So I would expect more changes.

Though SR was supposed to have heated front seats, so maybe they are only turning off the rear seats.
SR doesn't come with heated seats. That's the main reason I bought a SR+. I confirmed with Tesla before making the purchase.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
Wow that there’s 2 threads on this topic already... some people are cheap... you want a 2k refund on a car you already bought which is already a f***ing amazing car... for shame.

So if Tesla doesn’t refund people that bought FSD for more money, it’s “Tesla isn’t a charity, it’s the people’s fault that they took a bad deal!”

If Tesla willingly offers a good deal and people take it, they should be ashamed?

Nobody forced Tesla to offer this. It’s their fault if people take it!

I'll be waiting to see what happens, too. If I can get an almost-premium sound setup (enable my extra speakers please) and access to maps/streaming I'll stick with my SR+. I'll never use the heated seats and the 20 extra miles is a non issue for me. And as others have pointed out, having the battery software locked means we could safely charge to 100% all the time.

From An Update to Our Vehicle Lineup

This is a bit confusing as SR+ doesn't have onboard music streaming service or navigation with live traffic visualization either, right? Looks like the only changes are range and heated seats?

Then it looks like a super good deal to downgrade my SR+! Since it's a software cap I can always charge it to 100%, yielding the same normal range.

I’m willing to downgrade my SR+ as well, if there is such an option.
Any seller should not adjust their price such often, it is really annoying.

Any seller should not adjust their price such often, it is really annoying.

Typical sales tactics. Now they announce FSD is going to go up in price on May 1st and Elon posts to a question about the Tesla network: “On April 22, Investor Autonomy Day, Tesla will free investors from the tyranny of having to drive their own car”

And I am going to bet, that whatever they will show on April 22, the car won’t fully drive itself, where the driver doesn’t need to give any input. And while they will probably increase the price of FSD on March 5th (they will delay the price change because of “phenomenal demand”) the prices will go back, or even below current levels, in either Q3, or Q1 2020.

People will stomp their feet, Elon will say it was a mistake and do the same stuff 2 months later.

And I am going to bet, that whatever they will show on April 22, the car won’t fully drive itself, where the driver doesn’t need to give any input.

I bet it will.

Because it'll be a fixed route with controlled conditions.

Then they'll explain they can't actually release THAT version because... regulations... but an L2 version will be going out later this year, without being at all clear on the actual differences for owners, and that they'll be working vigilantly on getting the "full" version approved ASAP.

I bet it will.

Because it'll be a fixed route with controlled conditions.

Then they'll explain they can't actually release THAT version because... regulations... but an L2 version will be going out later this year, without being at all clear on the actual differences for owners, and that they'll be working vigilantly on getting the "full" version approved ASAP.

Oh sure, a demo video of something can totally happen. I just meant a public release FSD.

But I guess you are on to something here. They will probably show some demo video. Probably coast to coast driving! (Wouldn’t be the first time they show a video that generates unreasonable expectations)