Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that everyone is aware, and this is directly from Tesla:

Standard customers will have the option to upgrade to a Standard Plus at any time. Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.

--

Tesla has offered this to you. You are entitled to it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's your money.

Anyone saying that's only if you haven't taken delivery, or are within return window. F**k that. It's right there in black and white.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Yea just got off the phone with the delivery center I got my SR plus from. They said the same thing, only way is to return the car and place a new order for the SR. And if you are out of the 7 days/1000 mile return policy, you are SOL.

The delivery centers are not running the convert process. Talk to corporate for the real details. They are still working on the software for SR. I bought an SR+ mid March instead of an SR because I was mislead about the SR interior details (unpurpose or not who knows or who cares because Tesla rightly is offering to recrify the situation like an honorable company should.) I plan on converting to an SR.

The delivery centers are not running the convert process. Talk to corporate for the real details. They are still working on the software for SR. I bought an SR+ mid March instead of an SR because I was mislead about the SR interior details (unpurpose or not who knows or who cares because Tesla rightly is offering to recrify the situation like an honorable company should.) I plan on converting to an SR.

This ^

Everyone email [email protected]
to request downgrade.

They are either trying to act dumb or Tesla is doing a horrible job of informing its teams. A corporate guy I worked with to buy my SR+ said there is no way to downgrade retroactively and the chat lady told me to visit a store. BS all around.

Just sent a mail to customer support. Let’s see.

They are either trying to act dumb or Tesla is doing a horrible job of informing its teams. A corporate guy I worked with to buy my SR+ said there is no way to downgrade retroactively and the chat lady told me to visit a store. BS all around.

Just sent a mail to customer support. Let’s see.

Polite but firm, keep at them until you find a reasonable solution. I won't say the customer is always right, but darn it the customer deserves consideration. Especially when policy is stated in black and white and it is in your favor.