Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m from QC & I have downgraded my SR + with white interior to an SR...my finance account now says: SR with standard interior with white interior. My price went down to 44 999$...so I think I will need to talk to someone to be sure they are not downgrading my kms to 150kms. Big mess!

Are there any luxury tax implications for buying the $44,999 150 KM edition and then upgrading after the fact?

Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus now gets Streaming, Satellite Maps, and Web to stand out more than the SR.
SR+ have more range, more speakers, AutoPilot, Streaming, Satellite Maps, Web and heated seats.
Sweat deal to me for only 2000 more.

Neither the SR nor the SR+ have streaming, satellite maps or web browsing. Some members have reported seeing these features for a brief period due to a glitch in firmware updates but they are not advertised as features for either model so I would not count on them being there long term.

Both SR and SR+ have heated front seats. Neither have heated rear seats.

I’m from QC & I have downgraded my SR + with white interior to an SR...my finance account now says: SR with standard interior with white interior. My price went down to 44 999$...so I think I will need to talk to someone to be sure they are not downgrading my kms to 150kms. Big mess!

Did you downgrade the SR+ before you deliver the car, within 7 days or after 7 days?

Also, perhaps Tesla should clarify the specific trim like this:

$44999CAD - Model 3 SR (Subpar/Sh*tty Range)
$47600CAD - Model 3 SR (Standard Range)

Did you downgrade the SR+ before you deliver the car, within 7 days or after 7 days?

I went to the Montreal store, I was told to put a deposit on the SR+ & they will manually downgrade the car to SR. It was done few hours after my visit. I have a 6-8 weeks window for the delivery. I'm still on the waiting list to get the car. The downgrade was done before May 1st, so I guess I should be getting the standard range with 220 miles if I call Tesla - my financing says Standard at 44 999$, but my contract says 47 600$.

Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus now gets Streaming, Satellite Maps, and Web to stand out more than the SR.
SR+ have more range, more speakers, AutoPilot, Streaming, Satellite Maps, Web and heated seats.

It's more like $4,500 more and some of those features may be on an SR as well (same # of speakers, heated seats, etc...)....hopefully.

I went to the Montreal store, I was told to put a deposit on the SR+ & they will manually downgrade the car to SR. It was done few hours after my visit. I have a 6-8 weeks window for the delivery. I'm still on the waiting list to get the car. The downgrade was done before May 1st, so I guess I should be getting the standard range with 220 miles if I call Tesla - my financing says Standard at 44 999$, but my contract says 47 600$.

If you did get the $47600 Tesla Model 3 SR, I think you got the best deal ever in Canada with $13000 off (not demo or inventory car)

Do you have any substantiation to this claim? I know some people have received these features for a short period of time, but none of them seem to remain. That would be amazing though, because I feel that the SR and SR+ are MUCH too similar.

-Shane

That’s exactly what I ordered before the announcement on May 1st

I am in the exact same boat as you. When did you place an order as I am also waiting on a white interior? And yes I was not speaking about a downgrade after delivery.
I have gone from SR+ to SR and now with this whole Federal incentive add on, the order has changed to the 44 999k SR with 150km range.

I sent out an e-mail to my advisor but from what it looks like, the 47k SR with 350km range does not exist anymore in Canada so I might have to go back up to SR+. However, this order includes AP and this wasn't the case with my initial SR+ order... ugh this is confusing.

I am in the exact same boat as you. When did you place an order as I am also waiting on a white interior? And yes I was not speaking about a downgrade after delivery.
I have gone from SR+ to SR and now with this whole Federal incentive add on, the order has changed to the 44 999k SR with 150km range.

I sent out an e-mail to my advisor but from what it looks like, the 47k SR with 350km range does not exist anymore in Canada so I might have to go back up to SR+. However, this order includes AP and this wasn't the case with my initial SR+ order... ugh this is confusing.
Ordered on 4/25

Well Tesla has always been a mess. Now Canadians can't downgrade to SR and get reasonable range or maybe you can who knows? Hopefully, the 5000$ is retroactive, otherwise people with Standard Plus just got screwed real hard. I see someone else said Tesla told them you can't downgrade outside of the 7 days period? I say screw them and call again, cause when I was in the 7 days period they claimed ignorance and avoided me as much as possible.

Reactions: Gen3
Well Tesla has always been a mess. Now Canadians can't downgrade to SR and get reasonable range or maybe you can who knows? Hopefully, the 5000$ is retroactive, otherwise people with Standard Plus just got screwed real hard. I see someone else said Tesla told them you can't downgrade outside of the 7 days period? I say screw them and call again, cause when I was in the 7 days period they claimed ignorance and avoided me as much as possible.

That's me, i bought the SR+ back at March just before Elon announce "Price Hike", I did got screw hard as I missed out the Federal 5000 incentive.

Reactions: Legen---dary

Canadian Federal 5K$ program started on May 1st, no retro for SR/SR+ bought before...or any other EV.
Same day Tesla announced the 150km-SR to get into that weirdly carved incentive program trying to exclude Tesla...
Really curious to see what happens to these 350km-SR orders!!!

Canadian Federal 5K$ program started on May 1st, no retro for SR/SR+ bought before...or any other EV.
Same day Tesla announced the 150km-SR to get into that weirdly carved incentive program trying to exclude Tesla...
Really curious to see what happens to these 350km-SR orders!!!
I can confirm that the 350km SR is no longer available as I was asked to change my order to either the SR 150km range or SR+ with AP. I initially had the SR+ w/o AP as my order before they made it mandatory to get AP with SR+. Does anyone still have this order pending, if so I wonder if that order will be applicable for the 5k incentive?

I can confirm that the 350km SR is no longer available as I was asked to change my order to either the SR 150km range or SR+ with AP. I initially had the SR+ w/o AP as my order before they made it mandatory to get AP with SR+. Does anyone still have this order pending, if so I wonder if that order will be applicable for the 5k incentive?
Yah...they just called me to upgrade to SR +...otherwise I'll be getting the 150kms.