Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How noticeable is the change in performance?

I didn't feel too much. Even I didn't realize it was downgraded this morning. I got in the car and the screen was all black.
It took me some time to get the screen back on. Now I think it was a hard reboot.
I realized it later today cuz the 90% charge only showed 190 something. Then, I realized the downgrade happened.

Reactions: SlimJim
how to verify this?

without tools and software the only thing I could think of is to supercharge to 100% (or as far as you can) and monitor the KW curve (video it or log it very carefully) and compare to a car that hasn't been downgraded.

It's not perfect because temperature and a dozen other factors affect supercharging speeds but if you can get two cars with the same firmware charged in similar conditions it might be enough to figure it out.

I received the downgrade too.
Changes so far were as expected:
1) Less range
2) No fog lights
3) No immersive sound

I haven’t noticed any difference at all
since:
1) I drive using the chill mode to save energy, tires and have various components being less stressed
1b) I drive 12 miles roundtrip as daily commute
2) Luckily we don’t have fog... And I try to limit the use of lights when needed to avoid additional consumption
3) I’m not an audiophile, in the car I mostly listen to podcast about sports or finance so immersive sound doesn’t make a difference to me (not saying it’s not noticeable, I’m saying I don’t need immersive sound)

No changes (so still available)
Heated seats
driver profiles, including phone recognition
Rear USB charging
Games and toolbox
Navigation
Money... still not received the check

I received the downgrade too.
Changes so far were as expected:
1) Less range
2) No fog lights
3) No immersive sound

I haven’t noticed any difference at all
since:
1) I drive using the chill mode to save energy, tires and have various components being less stressed
1b) I drive 12 miles roundtrip as daily commute
2) Luckily we don’t have fog... And I try to limit the use of lights when needed to avoid additional consumption
3) I’m not an audiophile, in the car I mostly listen to podcast about sports or finance so immersive sound doesn’t make a difference to me (not saying it’s not noticeable, I’m saying I don’t need immersive sound)

No changes (so still available)
Heated seats
driver profiles, including phone recognition
Rear USB charging
Games and toolbox
Navigation
Money... still not received the check
I'm glad the heated seats r still available

Reactions: Legen---dary
Since Tesla, as per usual, has failed to properly communicate on a multitude of levels regarding the 'downgrade,' would you please be so kind as to characterize the charging profile of the SR? I need to know how they've restricted the battery :)

I believe this only pertains to the US SR models not Canadian. From what I've read on other posts (around previous software locked batteries on the S and X) they are only locking out the top 10% of the battery. So I now have 220 miles of range max. I actually drove the car today and wasn't even aware of the change. There was no software note or communication via the update screen and I didn't sense any performance defferences. It wasn't until after I read this thread that I went out to check the car and saw that the screen says "standard" and the fog light/immersive sound/ overall range was changed.

Still waiting on my check.