Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Download erased ALL settings & data. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded the most recent update and ALL my setting (driver, homelink, miles vs. Percentage, EVERYTHING) was erased.

My phone was removed and my app was reset.

Anyone else get screwed by the useless s***plug morons at Tesla?

Great job you MORONS.

Wow.....just WOW.o_O I think it’s time to sell, you’ll be MUCH happier. Maybe you can sleep at night then. Good Luck.

Ski

I just got updated to 48.12.1 and the only thing amiss for me is Homelink will no longer auto-close the garage door, but it will open it when I approach. Other than that all seems to be in order. I should do a reset to see if that solves the problem.

Same thing happened to me, lost all settings and user profiles after a soft reset with this new update. There are other reports out there on the same thing, it looks may be related to a security patch. Discussed on the firmware thread , suggest we follow there.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/firmware-2020-48-x.213991/

Just downloaded the most recent update and ALL my setting (driver, homelink, miles vs. Percentage, EVERYTHING) was erased.

My phone was removed and my app was reset.

Anyone else get screwed by the useless s***plug morons at Tesla?

Great job you MORONS.

Reactions: hlin07
C’mon, guys, cut him some slack. Some people take full advantage of the car’s capabilities, and losing all that stuff can add up to hours of work to get back. No need to kick a guy when he’s down.

Would be nice if Tesla could implement some sort of backup for user settings, etc that you could store on a USB drive to then recover from should disaster strike.

OP, there have been sporadic reports of people losing their data after a firmware update, but luckily they are few and far between.

C’mon, guys, cut him some slack. Some people take full advantage of the car’s capabilities, and losing all that stuff can add up to hours of work to get back. No need to kick a guy when he’s down.

Would be nice if Tesla could implement some sort of backup for user settings, etc that you could store on a USB drive to then recover from should disaster strike.

OP, there have been sporadic reports of people losing their data after a firmware update, but luckily they are few and far between.

Personal opinion inc:

Some of the reaction to this OPs post is likely in relation to other things not related to this topic that have been posted on TMC.

End personal opinion
=========================

(moderator note: I had to move several posts to snippiness because personal attacks are not allowed on TMC. Everyone please consider this a general warning that this is not allowed. I suggest using forum tools to ignore users whose content you no longer wish to view, if that will keep people from making personal attacks toward said people. This recommendation applies both ways, both to OP, and to people who felt they needed to respond a certain way to OP. )

Reactions: Tron 3