Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Download erased ALL settings & data. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded the most recent update and ALL my setting (driver, homelink, miles vs. Percentage, EVERYTHING) was erased.

My phone was removed and my app was reset.

Anyone else get screwed by the useless s***plug morons at Tesla?

Great job you MORONS.
Sorry to hear about that, as people have noted, Tesla is a computer that runs on cars. With computers, glitches happen and unfortunately you and it appears few other people are hit with this glitch.

Like another person mentioned, wish Tesla would back up the settings. I mean at least we can use the setting if we buy a new car in the future right? Hello Cybertruck..

Last thing, IGNORE the fanboys. While your choice of words do show frustration and it may offend some fanboy, they still shouldn't discount and borderline tease/bully you.
On this forum, as you probably already know. There are those that wants to help, share Elon's vision. And then there are those that can't stand ANY negative comments about Tesla. I hope these fanboys would one day understand that in order for Tesla to be truly successful, Tesla needs MORE THAN these fanboys.

Personal opinion inc:

Some of the reaction to this OPs post is likely in relation to other things not related to this topic that have been posted on TMC.

End personal opinion
=========================

(moderator note: I had to move several posts to snippiness because personal attacks are not allowed on TMC. Everyone please consider this a general warning that this is not allowed. I suggest using forum tools to ignore users whose content you no longer wish to view, if that will keep people from making personal attacks toward said people. This recommendation applies both ways, both to OP, and to people who felt they needed to respond a certain way to OP. )
I am the OP.

I have a tough skin and I give as good as I get.

If you don't like what is on tv, you don't ban the TV, you change the channel.

My threads are censorship free as long as you don't threaten violence or harm children.

Abide by my rules or leave this thread.

I am the OP.

My threads are censorship free as long as you don't threaten violence or harm children.

You dont have the ability to make your threads "censureship free", except for putting users on ignore whose content you dont want to view (the equivalent of changing your own personal channel in your example). I will move any non appropriate posts, and warn accordingly (or take other actions), based on TMC rules.

Last edited:
I am the OP.

Well, when people come across beliefs or actions that are viewed as wrong, they get involved. Many don’t just change the channel. :)
Otherwise those things grow and foster.
You’re also a little hypocritical right. You have threatened to shove someone’s face into a Tesla screen on this forum, so you broke your own “Rules” already. So by that alone, you can leave this thread anytime now, unless your rules only apply to others. :)

Well, when people come across beliefs or actions that are viewed as wrong, they get involved. Many don’t just change the channel. :)
Otherwise those things grow and foster.
You’re also a little hypocritical right. You have threatened to shove someone’s face into a Tesla screen on this forum, so you broke your own “Rules” already. So by that alone, you can leave this thread anytime now, unless your rules only apply to others. :)

I will say that I have not seen the content post you refer to above, likely because prior to being made a moderator, I followed the advice I stated above to "use forum tools to not view certain content". One of the things about being made a moderator, though, is I can no longer follow that advice myself, for obvious reasons.

With that being said, wherever that was said is not this specific thread, and I am asking (and hoping) for a de-escalation, without me having to take more extreme action.

Speaking in general terms, to people viewing this thread...

I said this when I made my introductory post to being a moderator, but I feel that TMC can be a home for people that love tesla, people that dont like them, and everyone in between, as long as conversation remains civil. I am not trying to stop people from disagreeing with each other, but I am trying to keep conversation somewhat constructive, and personal attacks are not constructive (and are against TMC rules as it was explained to me by other moderators).

I am not the only moderator for this section, just the most visible one, as I believe in transparency wherever possible, which is why many times you will see me post notes in threads when I took some action or other that I can share.

I try very hard to separate my own personal feelings from that of moderation here, as I feel that is "the right thing to do". All that to say, however, that there is no thing such as a single poster declaring some sort of rules for their own threads that are different from others. As I mentioned before, personal attacks are not allowed, and on a side note, issuing threats is "super" not allowed and likely would lead to at least temporary banning from the site (just throwing that out there).

Discussion and disagreement can happen without personal attacks and threats.

So, to circle back around, I am asking for de-escalation here, so I dont need to either lock this thread, or take other actions.

Reactions: Phlier
This happened to me but not as part of a download. I’m in U.K. I was getting no audio from DAB radio. Did two button scroll wheel reboot. It did a full factory reset, all profiles lost, keys removed, sat nav recent destinations gone, all trip counters (not odometer) cleared. Really annoying. Tesla say they checked the car remotely and saw no issue.