Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

download my data not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just have a PW 2 installed a few days ago. Everytime I try to "download my data" from the Tesla app, I get "upload was unsuccessful: request contained no data".
Do I need to config the app somehow? Thanks.

Maybe this is a silly question, but if you just got them installed a few days ago, are you sure that they are on? You likely do not have PTO yet so what state the installers left your powerwalls in tends to vary depending on if you are getting solar + powerwalls, adding powerwalls to existing solar, etc.

Upvote 0
Maybe this is a silly question, but if you just got them installed a few days ago, are you sure that they are on? You likely do not have PTO yet so what state the installers left your powerwalls in tends to vary depending on if you are getting solar + powerwalls, adding powerwalls to existing solar, etc.
I have solar and PW installed together. I can see the solar power generation, home usage, battery charging/discharging in the app. Everything make sense except that I can't "download my data".

Upvote 0
I have solar and PW installed together. I can see the solar power generation, home usage, battery charging/discharging in the app. Everything make sense except that I can't "download my data".

Tesla may not enable that until you have PTO, since "your system is not supposed to be running at this time". I dont "know" that, but you dont have production you should be tracking at this point anyway, because you dont have PTO. You would just be "testing" the install now.

Upvote 0
I added solar and PW a week ago. The solar is completely a new system. The Powerwall was added to an existing system. The system has not been inspected yet. I haven't paid for it yet. The solar system doesn't show up on my app yet. The additional PW joined my existing ones, not surprisingly that works properly in the app (including download data).

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
I am sure it is not of PTO issue. I installed the app on an iphone, and I can download data.
My phone is Android Oneplus 6T. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.

At least you have identified that the issue is on your end, not teslas. If it worked to download your data on an iPhone from your account, that data obviously exists, and if you cant do it on your android phone but can on the iPhone, then the issue is obviously related to something with the android phone.

Have you tried all the normal stuff like deleting the app and re installing it? Are you running regular android or did you root your phone or something? Focus on your phone, since that is where the issue appears to be.

Upvote 0
I didn't root, so it is still the factory OS. I tried reboot, re-install the app, download to share to different destination, but nothing works.
Is there any hidden configuration in the Android to prevent data generation?

not that I am aware of, but my android phone is very old and and I dont run the tesla app on it. Many here do, though.

Upvote 0
Same issue here with new Android S21. Download of data worked fine with my S8+
Adding to this, cannot download data from Tesla app to either google drive or onedrive. I have checked permissions, removed permissions and re-added and cannot find anything that is working. I can create folders, access files, manually transfer files within each of these itself, but nothing works from the Tesla App

Upvote 0
Having the same problem with Galaxy S20, started about a month ago I guess. Cleared cache and App data, but that didn't work. Suspect a change to Android broke the ability for some Android phones to download the data. Used an old tablet, Samsung Tab S3 and it worked. So definitely, an Android issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0