Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downloading 4.4 Brodered my car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my niece would say: Oh Poopy!

I thought he was ok since the app found him. Just got an update and they don't know what's wrong.
My saga continues. The only bad part is I'm gonna have to come clean at the golf course on Saturday. Ill never hear the end of it. Been driving the '96 Dodge Ram. Maybe it's time to ask for the P85 loaner? :smile:

Oh. Boy...if your golf buddy's are anything like mine and if your Tesla Grin caused you to Brag a bit too much, like I may have, you are going to take a beating on Saturday.
I'll be thinking of you, and praying that my S didn't catch whatever yours has, as they came down the line together.

Oh. Boy...if your golf buddy's are anything like mine and if your Tesla Grin caused you to Brag a bit too much, like I may have, you are going to take a beating on Saturday.
I'll be thinking of you, and praying that my S didn't catch whatever yours has, as they came down the line together.

No question Dennis.It's gonna be brutal.:smile:

By way of an update for those who are interested: Shane is being a very BAD boy. The SC got him on Wednesday evening. They installed a new 12 volt while it was still on the truck. They WERE able to drive it off the truck. I got an email saying that he was fixed and I kind of expected him back late Thursday. Thursday evening I got an email saying that they are still working on it and would keep me posted. They still think it was just the 12 volt but because the car went dark during an update they are having trouble installing 4.4. Because of this some parts of the car are not communicating with others. They weren't any more specific.

I'm totally speculating here but my guess is it has something to do with not being able to charge. The app got in touch with the car almost as soon as they had the new 12 volt in. When it went dark it had 217 rated range. Currently it is at 193. I don't think they drove it other than getting it off the truck and inside. The charge screen showed "charge port open" "not Charging" "connect charger" for a pretty long time.

Still driving the '96 Dodge Ram. Needless to say I REALLY want Shane back!

He's Back!

Got him back yesterday morning. He's running "as advertised" again. Fingers crossed. The SC still thinks it was just a bad 12 volt that failed during the update which complicated things a little. Don't know why I never got the 12 volt low warning. Probably didn't drop below a threshold until during the update.

Serious advice: If you get the 12 volt warning deal with it right away before it fails. Towing this car with the eBrake engaged was a serious goat rope for me. The first tow company was very nice but didn't have any of the equipment that was necessary. The second company had the equipment but didn't bring it. Plus, if you have the 21 inch wheels make sure the tow company knows this. The "dollies" do not all fit this big a wheel. The company that finally had the "right"equipment scratched 3 of the wheels. If you get the 12 volt warning take care of it!

Having said that; the customer service from the Columbus SC was nothing short of stunning. I've never experienced anything even close to this level of care, and consideration. They kept me in the loop all the way, worked as much and as hard as they could to get the car back to me in perfect shape. Kudos to TM for hiring these smart, motivated people who keep smiling even though they're working their butts off.

It's still not clear to me why the Model S requires a flatbed and cannot be towed like this:

JATS7-09041.jpg

Towing companies around my area all carry this equipment by default, and use it like crazy towing cars parked illegally all over the city when they can't get inside the car. The rear dolly can be set up with no need to get inside the car, and the car can remain in "Park".

It's still not clear to me why the Model S requires a flatbed and cannot be towed like this:

View attachment 20696

Towing companies around my area all carry this equipment by default, and use it like crazy towing cars parked illegally all over the city when they can't get inside the car. The rear dolly can be set up with no need to get inside the car, and the car can remain in "Park".

If my car is ever Brodered in my garage, this is the way the car would need to be towed out. Clearance in the underground garage will not Allow a normal flatbed. Unless they can jump or swap the battery so I can drive it out of the garage.