TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Downtown washington DC Hotel with EV Charging? Or charging options?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by carrerascott, Nov 4, 2013.

1. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Wife is thinking of going up to DC soon and wants to take the Tesla. She'll be staying downtown near Verizon center -- are there any hotels downtown with EV charging? Or does the DC Showroom have any fast charging options?

Thx

2. Objective1

Objective1 Member

I happened to be wasting time this morning, and have an answer for you.

On the Tesla Motors forum, tes-s posted this information in http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/check-forums-multiple-times-daily-possible-east-coast-supercharger-updates:

"Stayed in DC for two days, and got a full standard charge (235) at my hotel from a NEMA 14-50. It was the Hyatt Capital Hill. No "additional" cost for charging, but parking aint cheap. Valet said they put it in because a customer with a roadster used to use it often."

3. JST

JST Active Member

I've seen customer cars charging at the DC Tesla store, too, and that is very close to where you are going to be staying if you are near the Verizon center--easily walkable.

4. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Thanks all. She contacted tesla in dc and should be able to charge Sunday afternoon on a hpwc. She's staying at a Kimpton and they charge 1/2 price parking for electric or hybrid cars.

5. JST

JST Active Member

Nice. Good to know about that.

6. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

I stayed in that hotel the night I picked up my Chevy Volt ( http://www.FirstVoltInGeorgia.com ) in December 2010, and have pictures of it next to that Roadster. That was the local Tesla sales guy's Roadster -- he kept it in that garage, and drove it out to prospective customers. So the valets were not as impressed with my early Volt as I thought they would be :)

7. ModelS8794

ModelS8794 Member

I was gonna say, Kimpton does a good deal for EVs. I stay in Alexandria VA Kimpton often (The Lorien) and they have complimentary EV charging (2 chargers in their garage) along with 1/2 price valet parking. You might double check with your Kimpton or the other 2 or 3 around the city, they might have chargers there as it seems an EV friendly chain.

8. Sujeevan

Sujeevan New Member

Hi Guys, this is a pretty urgent request..... can anyone let me know where I could buy

J1772 to 62196-2 32A Electric Vehicle Charging Plugs / Cable in washington DC area... so my friend over there can bring it me ( im Sri Lanka) .

9. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

You can filter for "hotels only" in Plugshare either by going to plugshare.com using the browser in the car, our the emulation of it at tesla.plugshare.com.