Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downtown washington DC Hotel with EV Charging? Or charging options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happened to be wasting time this morning, and have an answer for you.

On the Tesla Motors forum, tes-s posted this information in http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/check-forums-multiple-times-daily-possible-east-coast-supercharger-updates:

"Stayed in DC for two days, and got a full standard charge (235) at my hotel from a NEMA 14-50. It was the Hyatt Capital Hill. No "additional" cost for charging, but parking aint cheap. Valet said they put it in because a customer with a roadster used to use it often."

Wife is thinking of going up to DC soon and wants to take the Tesla. She'll be staying downtown near Verizon center -- are there any hotels downtown with EV charging? Or does the DC Showroom have any fast charging options?

Thx

I've seen customer cars charging at the DC Tesla store, too, and that is very close to where you are going to be staying if you are near the Verizon center--easily walkable.

"Stayed in DC for two days, and got a full standard charge (235) at my hotel from a NEMA 14-50. It was the Hyatt Capital Hill. No "additional" cost for charging, but parking aint cheap. Valet said they put it in because a customer with a roadster used to use it often."

I stayed in that hotel the night I picked up my Chevy Volt ( http://www.FirstVoltInGeorgia.com ) in December 2010, and have pictures of it next to that Roadster. That was the local Tesla sales guy's Roadster -- he kept it in that garage, and drove it out to prospective customers. So the valets were not as impressed with my early Volt as I thought they would be :)

Thanks all. She contacted tesla in dc and should be able to charge Sunday afternoon on a hpwc. She's staying at a Kimpton and they charge 1/2 price parking for electric or hybrid cars.

I was gonna say, Kimpton does a good deal for EVs. I stay in Alexandria VA Kimpton often (The Lorien) and they have complimentary EV charging (2 chargers in their garage) along with 1/2 price valet parking. You might double check with your Kimpton or the other 2 or 3 around the city, they might have chargers there as it seems an EV friendly chain.

Hi Guys, this is a pretty urgent request..... can anyone let me know where I could buy

J1772 to 62196-2 32A Electric Vehicle Charging Plugs / Cable in washington DC area... so my friend over there can bring it me ( im Sri Lanka) .

After reviewing options, don't think it's necessary to have a hotel w/ charging. Tesla superchargers are close by, on the way into D.C. to fill up and likely would still have 200 mile range but the time I reach hotel. I'm more interested in self-park option vs valet