Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doxxing discussion out of Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I listened to an interview of Montana Skeptic earlier this year. He’s a self-assured a-hole, like most corporate lawyers of his type. Smart, but lacking in vision.

I’m glad he was outed. And knocked out of the game. I hope he doesn’t get up, and I think he’ll stay on the floor as long as his boss holds a paycheck over him.

I listened to an interview of Montana Skeptic earlier this year. He’s a self-assured a-hole, like most corporate lawyers of his type. Smart, but lacking in vision.

I’m glad he was outed. And knocked out of the game. I hope he doesn’t get up, and I think he’ll stay on the floor as long as his boss holds a paycheck over him.

i've heard from someone who met Anton W. and he sounded similar. also sounded like he has no problem throwing a great deal of money around either gambling or betting against companies. seems that he legitimately thinks from the spreadsheets that Tesla is screwed. but i'm going on little information, so who knows?

Anton Wahlmann was found to have, in the past, pleaded no contest to securities fraud, if I remember correctly. But at least he didn't hide his identity. I remember his hit pieces were always very careful about factual claims, despite spreading lots of FUD -- probably he had learned a lesson from his securities fraud case in the past and was being careful.

Lawrence Fossi was hiding his identity. Perhaps because he was actually lying about verifiable facts; when he got caught lying about verifiable facts at Seeking Alpha, and called on it, he would try to ban the commenters who caught him. Or perhaps simply because he wanted to hide his oil connections. He hid his identity for malicious reasons.

I bet Elon’s words were: cut it out or we’ll sue your a$$, your choice. Click.

This is always the first step in litigation, personally confront the issue if it remains unresolved thereafter, take them to court.

I can never imagine Elon threatening like that. Shorting is legal. I actually don't believe Elon called. We are hearing it from two biggest liars and believe it's true? I will believe it if Elon himself confirms it.

In case Elon did talk to the rich guy, probably he just said something like "Tesla will go up huge, stay short or not, your call". Elon has been openly warning all the shorts recently. As a long term investor, I know it's coming, I just don't want to gamble. I keep saving cash and keep adding more shares. Shorts are dealing with some strongest supporters here. We can stay long for another 20 years while keep adding more shares, can they do the same on the short side? Shorts are in huge pain I believe. They deserve it.

Taking extraordinary measures (like a CEO calling an individual's boss) to silence a critic is not going to alter reality one way or the other. It's time to execute what was promised!

They are executing. One important ingredient in execution is making sure you have enough customers. All this FUD is hurting their sales. You better believe that when Ford or Toyota has a high profile PR disaster on their hands (like brakes failing, or cars blowing up when hit from behind) that the CEO gets involved to tamp down negative publicity.

I can never imagine Elon threatening like that. Shorting is legal. I actually don't believe Elon called. We are hearing it from two biggest liars and believe it's true? I will believe it if Elon himself confirms it.

In case Elon did talk to the rich guy, probably he just said something like "Tesla will go up huge, stay short or not, your call".

More likely, if Elon called him, he said "Did you know that your employee has been harassing Dan Neil on twitter under a pseudonym?" and left it at that. Fossi (under his pseudonym) was one of the gang of harassers who drove Dan Neil to delete his twitter account last week.

When someone behaves as badly as Lawrence Fossi, harassing people, spreading disinformation, etc., all you have to do is point out calmly to their boss what they're doing. The boss is probably not happy to have that associated with him. I mean, if the boss is happy with it, it's his choice who to hire... but there's a reason Fossi was using a fake name to commit his harassment and disinformation campaign.

More likely, if Elon called him, he said "Did you know that your employee has been harassing Dan Neil on twitter under a pseudonym?" and left it at that. Fossi (under his pseudonym) was one of the gang of harassers who drove Dan Neil to delete his twitter account last week.

When someone behaves as badly as Lawrence Fossi, harassing people, spreading disinformation, etc., all you have to do is point out calmly to their boss what they're doing. The boss is probably not happy to have that associated with him. I mean, if the boss is happy with it, it's his choice who to hire... but there's a reason Fossi was using a fake name to commit his harassment and disinformation campaign.

Fossi was gloating about Dan Neil deleting his Twitter account one day before he deleted his. Karma.

Montana's farewell on SA...

Yesterday, July 23, I decided to cease writing about Tesla (TSLA) here at the Seeking Alpha web site. I also deactivated my Twitter account, where I was @MontanaSkeptic1. Here is what prompted those decisions.

Yesterday afternoon, the principal of the family office in which I am employed received a communication from someone purporting to be Elon Musk. Doubtful that Elon Musk could actually be attempting to contact him, my employer asked one of my colleagues to investigate and respond.

My colleague then spoke by phone with Elon Musk (it was indeed him). Mr. Musk complained to my colleague about my writing at Seeking Alpha and on Twitter. Mr. Musk said if I continued to write, he would engage counsel and sue me.

My colleague then spoke with me about the phone call. We both agreed that Mr. Musk’s phone call and threatened lawsuit were actions that would tend to involve our employer in matters in which he has had no part. To avoid such a consequence, I offered to immediately cease writing at Seeking Alpha and to deactivate my Twitter account.

Farewell For Now - Montana Skeptic | Seeking Alpha

Montana's farewell on SA...

Yesterday, July 23, I decided to cease writing about Tesla (TSLA) here at the Seeking Alpha web site. I also deactivated my Twitter account, where I was @MontanaSkeptic1. Here is what prompted those decisions.

Yesterday afternoon, the principal of the family office in which I am employed received a communication from someone purporting to be Elon Musk. Doubtful that Elon Musk could actually be attempting to contact him, my employer asked one of my colleagues to investigate and respond.

My colleague then spoke by phone with Elon Musk (it was indeed him). Mr. Musk complained to my colleague about my writing at Seeking Alpha and on Twitter. Mr. Musk said if I continued to write, he would engage counsel and sue me.

My colleague then spoke with me about the phone call. We both agreed that Mr. Musk’s phone call and threatened lawsuit were actions that would tend to involve our employer in matters in which he has had no part. To avoid such a consequence, I offered to immediately cease writing at Seeking Alpha and to deactivate my Twitter account.

Farewell For Now - Montana Skeptic | Seeking Alpha
db7zmw7wijcy.jpg