Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I start driving my Model S with absolute calmness, peace, and enjoy the quietness. Often I drive at the posted speed, on the right lane allowing speed demons to pass by. I choose scenic backroads to busy freeways. However, I can't handle the drivers who tailgate and get my blood pressure up. I step on the throttle and leave them in dust, only to feel like an idiot later.
Tesla has destroyed my personality. I want to join Teslaholics anonymous and never give way to my impulse to show off the capabilities of my Tesla. The scars of high speed driving by way of orange spikes on the graph remain for a long time.
How do you drive your Tesla? Do the goats get you? Are there Ghandis and Buddhas amongst us?

I agree that the MS fosters multiple personalities. Sometimes there is a need to project elegant sophistication, other times the geek comes out who wants to calculate the best mileage for the charge, and no one can doubt the rush that happens when the pedal hits the metal on a freeway on-ramp. Maybe that's the magic of the Tesla - it appeals to many and varied parts of our being.

The scars of high speed driving by way of orange spikes on the graph remain for a long time.
The fix for this is change your Energy app to 5mi instead of 30mi.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you drive your Tesla?
1. Do I need to watch my range because this is a road trip and/or because I didn't plan properly?
2. Is there a cop in front of me, behind me, or nearby?
3. Is there a lot of traffic/clutter around me?
4. Is the light red?
5. Am I already near or above the speed limit?

If none of these questions has "Yes" as an answer, I press the pedal harder.

The fix for this is change your Energy app to 5mi instead of 30mi.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Do I need to watch my range because this is a road trip and/or because I didn't plan properly?
2. Is there a cop in front of me, behind me, or nearby?
3. Is there a lot of traffic/clutter around me?
4. Is the light red?
5. Am I already near or above the speed limit?

If none of these questions has "Yes" as an answer, I press the pedal harder.
6. Is the road in front of me ovular?
Thanks for the lesson.
And when and where exactly did you take your drivers test? Or, did you? :cursing:

Last edited:
Gyno: Grab the MS rear view mirror with both hands and rotate until it reaches the stop point. Then wrench it further. The whole mirror will pop off its post. Now you can drive unmolested by any of the action happening rearward. Calm is restored. You can listen contentedly to the music of the spheres once again.
--