Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As Mr. Miyagi once said, "Wrap on, wrap off, wrap ON!"
IMG_1568.JPG

At the #PaliPost carnival and Kelly Parra stopped by to donate to #BreastCar. He then does a double-take on my name and says:
(1) My dad, also an Ob/Gyn, was his mom's long time doctor.
(2) He graduated from Taft and knew my sister, Lorelle.
(3) When his wife was 7-months pregnant about a dozen years ago, she got into a car accident and the ambulance took her to West Hills Hospital where I was on-call covering for those who did not have a doctor at that hospital. I took care of her, stopped her pre-term labor and discharged her the next day. That son was present when he was signing the car as this time-lapse video will attest. Enjoy!

Instagram: @BreastCar
Facebook: /BreastCar
Twitter: @BreastCar

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story, Ian, and, wonderful work with the BreastCar transformation. Was good to get a glimpse of the pristine green skin underneath; your original factory paint job is probably in a better condition than my 5-month-old one already is ;)
Thx gg! Indeed, when the brushed aluminum wrap came off the green color was pristine from 3 years ago!
Anyway, new developments and media hype surrounding #BreastCar:
  1. Instagram picture got over 10,000 LIKES!
  2. Facebook video got over 120,000 VIEWS!
  3. First media outlet has picked up the story!
    1. autoEvolution: Tesla Model S Goes Pink to Support Breast Cancer Awareness
All this in a matter of 72 hours with the 'hard' roll-out!
candace.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Howie Mandel signs #BreastCar

One month update on @BreastCar:
#1 Team Fundraiser: >$50K
#1 Teammates: >100
#1 Most # of donations >400
Thank YOU to everyone who spread the word, donated and signed #BreastCar, the #PinkTesla raising awareness for breast cancer!
We are still accepting donations through the end of June and then, who knows, maybe BreastCar will be at TMC Connect in July?
Go to BreastCar.com then look RIGHT at the Turquoise box and click on the "Give Now"

And now for some pix though you can go to any of our social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter @BreastCar for more:
ValleyVantage.JPG

mandeltesla.png

File May 15, 8 15 05 AM.jpeg

File May 11, 11 19 41 AM.jpeg

TSportline is in negotiations on whether to bring @BreastCar up to TMC-Connect; I hope they are successful! In the mean time, its been a great run and along the way #BreastCar for #WomensHealth met a Tesla, #iDrive that was wrapped for #MensHealth and drove from FLA to LA and they met up at USC in front of the USC Marching Band! The next day, @BreastCar was selected to be at the Beverly Hills, Father's Day Rodeo Drive Concours, described by Frommer's as one of the top 300 things to do in the world! #thankYOU to everyone who donated & U2 can #FUNraise!
View attachment 86582

View attachment 86583

View attachment 86584

TSportline is in negotiations on whether to bring @BreastCar up to TMC-Connect; I hope they are successful! In the mean time, its been a great run and along the way #BreastCar for #WomensHealth met a Tesla, #iDrive that was wrapped for #MensHealth and drove from FLA to LA and they met up at USC in front of the USC Marching Band! The next day, @BreastCar was selected to be at the Beverly Hills, Father's Day Rodeo Drive Concours, described by Frommer's as one of the top 300 things to do in the world! #thankYOU to everyone who donated & U2 can #FUNraise!
small-File Jul 01, 7 47 06 AM.jpeg

small-File Jun 22, 5 57 33 AM.jpeg

File Jul 06, 5 24 16 PM.jpeg

To every thing there is a season...

To every thing there is a season...
In December, 2012 a Model S was delivered as a P85, before there was even a badge on the trunk for that; no worries, it would have been removed during the transformation, catalogued on this thread into "The Hun!" Over 200,000 page views would watch what was some reverse engineering masterfully done by the Guys @ Al & Ed's West Hollywood & T-Sportline. 3+ years later another transformation into the philanthropy-mobile, "@BreastCar" the pink Tesla that raised over $60K.

Now that limited engagement is over, "If you peel away the skin is there anybody there?" Yes! "M.G.M."

Mean Green Machine is back to its original green exterior but with the chrome black wrapped, and more importantly, for those of you who believed this thread was 'long in the tooth' it has now been listed in the Tesla4Sale section of TMC. Here endeth the thread. Drop the
DSC_7596 copy.jpg

Green-Model-S-on-Matte-Black-TST-15.jpg

Green-Model-S-on-Matte-Black-TST-20.JPG

"A Tesla the Hun!" Unveiled

First of all, let me apologize! It's been like a whirlwind tour for the last 36 hours and I have not had a chance,
until now, to take a break and post some pix! My brain is fried so I'll just post this picture for now
& in the immortal words of the Terminator... "I'll Be Back!" (or did he say, "I'll be black matte!"?)
View attachment 19335

Glad I saw this even tho several years later lol. Always good too see someone be original and not care what other people think. Having said that the model s is a hard car to pull off the two tone look. Contrary to what others tried to say the model s doesn’t have enough lines with depth/levels and accents to do it like a Rolls Royce, i.e. Unfortunately they are more like a Honda Accord and plain with very little and subtle changes in depth and lines. When trying to accomplish that look on a exotic car there are way more accents, lines, and depth with levels added everywhere which makes them look amazing in two tone colors. I’m just happy to see someone have the balls to be creative and just do what they want and like for once. Those rims would look amazing on almost every car and still do on ur Tesla. If you wanted to just be a follower and have kept the exterior all the same color everyone would say how great they look. But since you decided to not give a f...k and tried something that’s almost impossible to make look good on a Tesla Model S. So haters come out swinging and do not appreciate the fact that your car is not just another Tesla on the 405 being mistaken for a Honda Accord. I definitely appreciate the creativity and making a $100k+ car stand out like it should when most Tesla’s do not. It’s given me some ideas that I may actually try doing, to go with the chrome delete I’m doing for my own arachnid rims I designed myself. Like you, I only care if I like the way it turns out rather than worrying about what others think about it. Most ppl that want to try something different don’t cuz they are too scared that their idea/design won’t be approved by the masses/peers so they just do the same as everyone to be safe (BLACK....etc) E.g., I love the look of a two toned RR Ghost, and would love to accomplish that style on my Tesla. However I know it is much more difficult to accomplish that natural flow on a model s but would like to try since no one else will, except you haha. So I salute your design and creativity and even if I don’t necessarily love it I still appreciate it much more than seeing an unoriginal wrap, or all stock, etc Tesla. I think the rims look great too and would look good on any luxury Sedan or on any exotic car for that matter. Thanks for trying something different and allowing someone like myself to visualize ideas to tie in with my rims. When you own a $150k+ car it should stand out like yours at least did and I’m sure it looked much better in person since pics usually never do it justice. Here’s some pics of the Arachnid rims I designed. I’m sure you will appreciate them.
imgur.com/a/1F5O43U

• Disagree
Reactions: towelie