Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I saw this even tho several years later lol. Always good too see someone be original and not care what other people think. Having said that the model s is a hard car to pull off the two tone look. Contrary to what others tried to say the model s doesn’t have enough lines with depth/levels and accents to do it like a Rolls Royce, i.e. Unfortunately they are more like a Honda Accord and plain with very little and subtle changes in depth and lines. When trying to accomplish that look on a exotic car there are way more accents, lines, and depth with levels added everywhere which makes them look amazing in two tone colors. I’m just happy to see someone have the balls to be creative and just do what they want and like for once. Those rims would look amazing on almost every car and still do on ur Tesla. If you wanted to just be a follower and have kept the exterior all the same color everyone would say how great they look. But since you decided to not give a f...k and tried something that’s almost impossible to make look good on a Tesla Model S. So haters come out swinging and do not appreciate the fact that your car is not just another Tesla on the 405 being mistaken for a Honda Accord. I definitely appreciate the creativity and making a $100k+ car stand out like it should when most Tesla’s do not. It’s given me some ideas that I may actually try doing, to go with the chrome delete I’m doing for my own arachnid rims I designed myself. Like you, I only care if I like the way it turns out rather than worrying about what others think about it. Most ppl that want to try something different don’t cuz they are too scared that their idea/design won’t be approved by the masses/peers so they just do the same as everyone to be safe (BLACK....etc) E.g., I love the look of a two toned RR Ghost, and would love to accomplish that style on my Tesla. However I know it is much more difficult to accomplish that natural flow on a model s but would like to try since no one else will, except you haha. So I salute your design and creativity and even if I don’t necessarily love it I still appreciate it much more than seeing an unoriginal wrap, or all stock, etc Tesla. I think the rims look great too and would look good on any luxury Sedan or on any exotic car for that matter. Thanks for trying something different and allowing someone like myself to visualize ideas to tie in with my rims. When you own a $150k+ car it should stand out like yours at least did and I’m sure it looked much better in person since pics usually never do it justice. Here’s some pics of the Arachnid rims I designed. I’m sure you will appreciate them.
imgur.com/a/1F5O43U

WRONG LINK! Here’s the right one

Tesla Model S with Black Widow Arachnid Rims

• Disagree
Reactions: towelie
Thanx. I agree; 31 different flavors of ice cream! Something for everyone
Glad I saw this even tho several years later lol. Always good too see someone be original and not care what other people think. Having said that the model s is a hard car to pull off the two tone look. Contrary to what others tried to say the model s doesn’t have enough lines with depth/levels and accents to do it like a Rolls Royce, i.e. Unfortunately they are more like a Honda Accord and plain with very little and subtle changes in depth and lines. When trying to accomplish that look on a exotic car there are way more accents, lines, and depth with levels added everywhere which makes them look amazing in two tone colors. I’m just happy to see someone have the balls to be creative and just do what they want and like for once. Those rims would look amazing on almost every car and still do on ur Tesla. If you wanted to just be a follower and have kept the exterior all the same color everyone would say how great they look. But since you decided to not give a f...k and tried something that’s almost impossible to make look good on a Tesla Model S. So haters come out swinging and do not appreciate the fact that your car is not just another Tesla on the 405 being mistaken for a Honda Accord. I definitely appreciate the creativity and making a $100k+ car stand out like it should when most Tesla’s do not. It’s given me some ideas that I may actually try doing, to go with the chrome delete I’m doing for my own arachnid rims I designed myself. Like you, I only care if I like the way it turns out rather than worrying about what others think about it. Most ppl that want to try something different don’t cuz they are too scared that their idea/design won’t be approved by the masses/peers so they just do the same as everyone to be safe (BLACK....etc) E.g., I love the look of a two toned RR Ghost, and would love to accomplish that style on my Tesla. However I know it is much more difficult to accomplish that natural flow on a model s but would like to try since no one else will, except you haha. So I salute your design and creativity and even if I don’t necessarily love it I still appreciate it much more than seeing an unoriginal wrap, or all stock, etc Tesla. I think the rims look great too and would look good on any luxury Sedan or on any exotic car for that matter. Thanks for trying something different and allowing someone like myself to visualize ideas to tie in with my rims. When you own a $150k+ car it should stand out like yours at least did and I’m sure it looked much better in person since pics usually never do it justice. Here’s some pics of the Arachnid rims I designed. I’m sure you will appreciate them.
imgur.com/a/1F5O43U

Thanx. I agree; 31 different flavors of ice cream! Something for everyone
IMG_E6764.JPG IMG_E6762.JPG
IMG_6762.PNG

• Disagree
Reactions: towelie