Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr Taras' Model S gets customized!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dr. T,

Are you having them do some audio mods to the car as well? I'm curious to know if they will gut the current audio system and we can all learn about it... nobody really knows what's driving the whole thing now. I'm assuming you're starting with the Sound Studio package...

What accessory am I?

I'm giddy as a school girl!
The guys who shipped me this ACCESSORY (hint) were given this X-ray picture when they shipped it to me & now it has arrived! :wink:
Problem is that it arrived before my car arrived back! Man those guys who make ACCESSORIES (hint) for TESLA (hint) are fast!
I don't have any pictures of it out of the box and had to ship it to the guys at Al & Ed's so they can keep it with the car though it won't need any fancy-schmancy install!
:confused:What am I?:love:
2013-03-19_17.09.17_resized.png.jpg

I'm giddy as a school girl!
The guys who shipped me this ACCESSORY (hint) were given this X-ray picture when they shipped it to me & now it has arrived! :wink:
Problem is that it arrived before my car arrived back! Man those guys who make ACCESSORIES (hint) for TESLA (hint) are fast!
I don't have any pictures of it out of the box and had to ship it to the guys at Al & Ed's so they can keep it with the car though it won't need any fancy-schmancy install!
:confused:What am I?:love:
View attachment 18692

Looks to be the same package @efusco received:

efusco CC.jpg

Photo courtesy @ efusco

Did Al & Ed's do the mats?
Indeed they do. They actually have another company, BespokeCoach :cool:that caters to the lifestyles of the rich and famous and does Mercedes Sprinter Van Conversions!

- - - Updated - - -

I will be getting my black car wrapped in April...satin pearl white with black pano roof, black front grill and both rear and side rocker panels also black...or maybe CF! I will post pics after the 20th!
Can you tell me then if the car came with the chrome around the side windows blacked out? :confused:
Also, if you were not going to wrap the car (today I believe) in white, I think it is different (though not necessarily better as that is in the eyes of the beholder) to make those door handles completely disappear by wrapping them in black for a black car & since you're going white, consider wrapping them in white. My 2 cents! :redface:

- - - Updated - - -

Dr. T,
Are you having them do some audio mods to the car as well? I'm curious to know if they will gut the current audio system and we can all learn about it... nobody really knows what's driving the whole thing now. I'm assuming you're starting with the Sound Studio package...
I am doing audio mods, but started with the base offering from Tesla and not upgraded after I had read some reviews on TMC.
I will post info on that as it becomes available. :eek:

Dr. T, Are you having them do some audio mods to the car as well?
A couple pix of the FOCAL speakers they've put in.
While the Focal PC165 performance speakers for the rear doors are not the most high-end, they should provide more depth and breadth to the over all dynamic range and audio-experience!
There is a youtube video of Elie discussing FOCAL (on some of his much-higher end cars, albeit ICE cars), as well as his staff!
Speaking of ICE cars... here is Elie's Recargo Site: http://www.recargo.com/sites/9393

544077_545331502165450_1199430963_n.jpg
552055_545326975499236_739286611_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When are you getting it wrapped, doing the rear valence as well?

I hope by next week to get it done, problem is the place is only open when I am at the office, Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm. I am getting everything wrapped in CF that isn't chrome or painted Pearl White like the nose and the rear valence as well as the lip on the front and the side skirts under the door? Pardon my terminology, I'm sure I butchered it! :)

I hope by next week to get it done, problem is the place is only open when I am at the office, Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm. I am getting everything wrapped in CF that isn't chrome or painted Pearl White like the nose and the rear valence as well as the lip on the front and the side skirts under the door? Pardon my terminology, I'm sure I butchered it! :)

Will be curious to see how the CF wrap holds up on your rear valence and front splitter. Lyle seems to think it will, but everybody else says it wont given the material.

where can I check out (touch) a sample of this avery brushed aluminum wrap?

Does it feel like brushed aluminum or is it just visual? before it was applied was the wrap flexible?

I've actually wrapped a miata hardtop... while it looked nice - close to CF, the difference was when you touched it it definitely felt cheap and obviously vinyl.

i-nn2BdZD-XL.jpg