Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drafty Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I’ve noticed as it gets colder is how drafty the MY is. Driving around town is fine but the faster I go on the highway the higher I need to set the cabin temp. Around town I’m at 71-72 comfortably. Highway 75 and even as high as 78-80 depending how cold it is outside. It’s as if I can feel the cold air entering the cabin. Also have a hard time keeping my feet warm. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Are you in auto mode? I also need to set it a little bit higher on the highway sometimes. I presume the cabin cools itself faster at those speeds. I noted that turning on the rear heating (even when there's no rear passenger) makes it better. Heating the whole cabin makes the car more comfortable and I don'T need to crank up the heat as much.

Reactions: rolling green
One thing I’ve noticed as it gets colder is how drafty the MY is. Driving around town is fine but the faster I go on the highway the higher I need to set the cabin temp. Around town I’m at 71-72 comfortably. Highway 75 and even as high as 78-80 depending how cold it is outside. It’s as if I can feel the cold air entering the cabin. Also have a hard time keeping my feet warm. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

I don’t notice this issue so maybe something unique to your car.

You could try a noise reduction kit, I doubt it does anything for the noise but it goes in the panel gaps so it might help with the drafts.

Reactions: rolling green
I haven’t noticed the cabin being colder driving on highways so far this winter. Last year my feet got cold fairly often in the car, but I haven’t noticed that so far this year (and it's been single digits for us this week), so I'm thinking maybe one of the OTA "cold weather improvements" actually got more heat to the footwell. Either that or my feet built up some additional cold tolerance from last winter. I've had the HVAC pretty much locked at 68F all winter so far.