Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drag Strip Launch Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I finally took my P100D to the drag strip today, and the strip was crowded. I only made four 1/4 mile runs. The first run had a reaction time of 0.0881, and a final of 11.1558, with a final speed of
120.19. I'm a rookie, and I may be mistaken, but do I take the total time and subtract the reaction time to obtain the elapsed race time of 11.0667? This was without launch mode.
With launch mode, my best time was 11.0575 with a reaction time of 0.5759, yielding 10.4816 seconds. This whole thing was a spur of the moment decision. I hadn't even emptied the trunk/frunk/car. I was running ludicrous mode, max battery, stock tires, battery at 85%.
It was fun beating two Corvettes ( one was a new Z06), a new hellcat, and some sort of pumped up Mazda racer. Full disclosure, I jumped the gun against the hellcat, so my time wasn't counted, but he was way behind, and went home immediately after the race. Next time, I'll clean out the car, remove floor mats, etc., and try to go when I can get more chances to beat today's time.

You cannot deduct your reaction time from your elapsed time. The one-foot-rollout is designed to eliminate reaction times from your overall time. Technically you are already moving before the timer starts.

For best results keep your charge at 90% or more, empty the car, make sure you clear the tires of any water before your run (do a mini burnout by accelerating hard after passing the water box), make sure the AC is off, windows up, max battery on and ready, Ludicrous + engaged. If you are not racing anyone use Launch Control for best results and don't worry about reaction time - just go when you are ready. All these precautions will help you get a better elapsed time (ET). The P100D should get 10.8s all day regardless of options.

You cannot deduct your reaction time from your elapsed time. The one-foot-rollout is designed to eliminate reaction times from your overall time. Technically you are already moving before the timer starts.

For best results keep your charge at 90% or more, empty the car, make sure you clear the tires of any water before your run (do a mini burnout by accelerating hard after passing the water box), make sure the AC is off, windows up, max battery on and ready, Ludicrous + engaged. If you are not racing anyone use Launch Control for best results and don't worry about reaction time - just go when you are ready. All these precautions will help you get a better elapsed time (ET). The P100D should get 10.8s all day regardless of options.
Thanks for all the tips!