Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragstrip comparison - 3 LR RWD to Model 3 Performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are joking right? You want them to reduce performance because the car you spent more on is slower?
It was on a dragy device. Our track is closed. I've made 200+ passes in the past 4 years on my 3 cars there (local NHRA track) and used a dragy for almost everything. Consistently, it is within half a tenth. Generally, the track is a little quicker.
I did a slew of 10.85's on the dragy and ran 10.78 at the track with a worse launch (1.65 vs 1.7)

No, make the LR faster or there is no point in picking up a slower used LR when the SR+ is faster and can be purchased new for a lower price.

No, make the LR faster or there is no point in picking up a slower used LR when the SR+ is faster and can be purchased new for a lower price.
Exactly! There is no reason. A car company wants you to buy a new car. Especially Tesla who isn't in the parts business at this time.
This happens all the time. New models come out and improve.

You decided on a larger battery for more range; that doesn't have to equate to speed. The interior is full premium also. Speed is due to being lighter. I think that is a terrible selfish opinion to say "it must be better in every way just because I spent more".

Exactly! There is no reason. A car company wants you to buy a new car. Especially Tesla who isn't in the parts business at this time.
This happens all the time. New models come out and improve.

You decided on a larger battery for more range; that doesn't have to equate to speed. The interior is full premium also. Speed is due to being lighter. I think that is a terrible selfish opinion to say "it must be better in every way just because I spent more".

Thanks for letting me know why I decided to get the LR. I never knew that was the reason I decided.

• Funny
Reactions: ForeverEv
Generally, Tesla does adjust its performance based on cost for different trim levels of a particular body style regardless of weight. Somehow I think the LR RWD was forgotten about since being disco'd in the North American market. However, most have heard that the LR RWD will be available in China and essentially they will have:
  1. Standard Range Plus RWD,
  2. Long Range RWD, and
  3. Performance, Long Range AWD
Obviously the LR RWD will be more expensive and heavier than the SR+ RWD but Tesla made sure 0-60 was also faster on the LR RWD (i.e., the more expensive version). Many SR/SR+ owners also discovered that their cars do not have rear sway bars compared to the the other more expensive variants. Makes you wonder whether this was purely cost savings or again Tesla's way of differentiating performance for their more expensive models.

My guess (hope) is that when they release the MIC LR RWD, they will up the performance of the forgotten North American LR RWD.

No. Mine is a very early production 3, April '18 build. At that time, the only options were paint color and wheels. There was no SR, dual motor, performance, interior color choice, premium or non premium interior to pick from.

In keeping with the old adage of "Speed's expensive, how fast you want to go?", it is only fair, right, and reasonable that Model 3 speeds are directly proportional to their cost. An SR must always be the slowest, even with their lower weight. A Performance must always be the fastest. A dual motor 3 costs more than my LR RWD did, (not withstanding price adjustments since the LR RWD became no longer available) so it can rightly be faster.

No. Mine is a very early production 3, April '18 build. At that time, the only options were paint color and wheels. There was no SR, dual motor, performance, interior color choice, premium or non premium interior to pick from.

In keeping with the old adage of "Speed's expensive, how fast you want to go?", it is only fair, right, and reasonable that Model 3 speeds are directly proportional to their cost. An SR must always be the slowest, even with their lower weight. A Performance must always be the fastest. A dual motor 3 costs more than my LR RWD did, (not withstanding price adjustments since the LR RWD became no longer available) so it can rightly be faster.
No that is ridiculous. That's like saying the 2004 c5 Z06 cost 90,000 so it should be faster than a base C8 corvette.
Speed is not an equation with money or trim in most cars. Options are. In this case, you get range and interior and same speed. Either way, the Sr+ may even be faster than the LRRwd so I don't need to complain.