Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dragy 10Hz GPS - Mounting Location On Model 3 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8CCE0380-6F8E-4D9F-A095-611840714892.jpeg
HI, I have seen lot of users using draggy. Today it is on sale for $134 usually it is $149 if anyone else is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077KKPMTB

My question is I just bought one.. What will be the ideal / best place on the model 3 to mount this ?

Thank you Once again !
I put my mounting plate on the backside of the main screen. I didn’t want to mount it on the dash, and it’s more hidden.

In the Garage section in the Dragy app, where you put in your car information, what is everyone using for the Displacement? Or does it even matter? I could have sworn when I was initially setting up my Dragy there was an option to input my city for the Leaderboard, but now I can't find it and it only shows country. I though there was a way to compare your times to others in your area?

so I tried it out for first time last night...I used velcro and placed in right in front of screen....battery was at 67% and wasn't warmed up really......45 degrees outside....first run was 4.13 sec....I have the boost upgrade on AWD model.

Sound about right???...with full battery and warmer temps I should get 3.9 I am thinking.

so I tried it out for first time last night...I used velcro and placed in right in front of screen....battery was at 67% and wasn't warmed up really......45 degrees outside....first run was 4.13 sec....I have the boost upgrade on AWD model.

Sound about right???...with full battery and warmer temps I should get 3.9 I am thinking.
Roughly... I’ve gotten about 3.7 with an ~85% charge.

if you do a couple runs in a row, it will improve. My first one on a cold battery was about the same as yours. by the 3rd run in a row i was down to 3.8. I'm assuming the battery warmed up a little. (or i somehow improved my driving skills)

Just to FYI. Wherever you decide to mount it, DO NOT use the adhesive steel plates that come with it on the dash board. Only after 2 days I noticed that something didn't look right. I removed the plate and attempted to clean it up with a clean microfiber and some interior cleaner. I eventually realized that it was there for good. Oh well, lesson learned.
20201230_151353.jpg 20201230_151401.jpg 20201230_151950.jpg

Last edited: