Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy: Is this accurate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I recently tried to time the 0-60 on my Model S 100D. But I've few questions regarding the accuracy of Dragy:

I was able to get 4.14s twice but after looking at the breakdown it seems like it may have been inaccurate. My 0-50 shows as 3.24s but the 0-60 was 4.14s. The car is uncorked and supposedly it's able to achieve 0-60 in 3.7s so I was expecting it to be closer to that (higher 3s).

Please see the screenshot below and provide any feedback if this is accurate or what else can be done to improve the time!

PS: The SOC was around 55%. Battery was warmed up (driven around 30 miles before the test).

IMG_1460.jpg

The 3.94 (1ft) number is without rollout so you are sub 4 seconds. I don't know about the older S's but the state of charge does have an issue but it is more evident at higher speeds. It seems Tesla has done a pretty good job managing the 0-60 sprint even at low SoC.

I did a lot of testing on my Model Y LR w/boost. It pretty much held very close to the claimed times until I dropped below 50% SoC. Then it started to drop about .1 sec for ever 10% drop in charge. From 100%-70%, I lost .1 seconds and from 70-50% I lost another .1 sec.

Please post your times with a full battery, or at least 90%.

Reactions: komrade
The 3.94 (1ft) number is without rollout so you are sub 4 seconds. I don't know about the older S's but the state of charge does have an issue but it is more evident at higher speeds. It seems Tesla has done a pretty good job managing the 0-60 sprint even at low SoC.

I did a lot of testing on my Model Y LR w/boost. It pretty much held very close to the claimed times until I dropped below 50% SoC. Then it started to drop about .1 sec for ever 10% drop in charge. From 100%-70%, I lost .1 seconds and from 70-50% I lost another .1 sec.

Please post your times with a full battery, or at least 90%.
Ah, good catch! I didn't even see that on the left lol (3.94s).

Yeah I'm going to try again from around 90% SoC and post the results. Thanks for the info!

I am not sure how much 100% of a charge will but for my Y, 3 and S, my times were about the same as 100% and less stress on the battery. I only charge to 100% for a few tests of trips.

Maybe the older S's were more sensitive to SoC. This is one of the dirty secrets about EV. Unlike an ICE car where your performance could actually improve as you burn off fuel (less weight), EV's usually lose a fair amount of performance as your charge level goes down.

Here is a good vid showing. the impact on the SoC for an M3 LR. It will give you at least some info for reference even if not 100% applicable to the S. In case the link doesn't go to the area where he has his table, it starts about 12 min in. Interesting watch all the way through. He does 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and 0-60 runs starting at 100% and going all the way down.

SOC is a huge factor; you should be significantly quicker close to 100%SOC, and Tesla always quotes 0-60 with the 1ft rollout, so you have to look at that not the true 0-60
So you did a 3.94 and I bet are all over the 3.7x with a full SOC

Yeah, I totally underestimated the impact of SoC on the performance. Even at higher SoC (+60%) it seems like there's good amount of limitation on the performance.

I will be testing it again soon at 100% SoC and will share the results.

Here is a good vid showing. the impact on the SoC for an M3 LR. It will give you at least some info for reference even if not 100% applicable to the S. In case the link doesn't go to the area where he has his table, it starts about 12 min in. Interesting watch all the way through. He does 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile and 0-60 runs starting at 100% and going all the way down.

Great video! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure I can squeeze out another 1 sec or so at 100% SoC.