Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is just a little more left in this under more optimal conditions. DragTimes said there was a pretty strong headwind. I think the best this car achieves at sea level is like a 9.1x @ 153+ mph, with typical around 9.2-9.3 @ 151-152 mph. Those lighter rims may buy us an extra tenth and a little more mph.

I am really hopeful we get a software power boost in the future with this car! Really would like to see this car trapping in mid 150s then I know for sure this will beat a certain car I know of...lol.

Plaids should run even quicker at high elevation compared sea level due to thinner air density... opposite of gas cars that need the extra air density at sea level to run fast

I am all for the performance these cars are capable of. I used to do a lot of street racing but we did it in a very remote area where there was typically no public traffic. I have some serious concerns about how quick these cars are getting that one major incident on the street and we might see some draconian rules put in place which impacts everyone's enjoyment.

I remember an incident where someone lost control and smacked into about of parked cars and almost killed some people. Let's just say if you were driving any sort of even remotely fast looking car in that town you would get pulled over if you even breathed wrong. If some idiot crashes their Plaid at a really high rate of speed on the road, I imagine the press coverage is going to be pretty bad.

So whenever I see those vids of someone racing on public roads with other people on the roads, it just makes me cringe. There have been an increasing number of fatalities in Florida because of street racing. An 11 year old girl just a few months ago was killed about 2 hours away from me. One guy just got 24 years for street racing and killing a lady and her 1 year old daughter.

I will do some Dragy runs on the street for testing before I go to the track but I go to a very remote place where there is almost no traffic and I can see for a long way away. I hope nobody on this forum is ever involved in some incident that hurts someone.

I totally agree. Racing should be done at the track.

However, any car can go fast if you keep the throttle pinned long enough. At least Teslas are well built, and built for these speeds unlike modified Civics with huge turbos that spool like mad at 5000rpm.

I go on trips and find roads in remote areas where there is not a soul around and have some fun reasonable blasts. I realize that is harder to find that in some geographical areas compared to others.

With great power, comes great responsibility. and GREAT is the power output of the Tesla Model S Plaid. 👍

@Tex EV in other thread said his LR did 1/8 mi in 7.25 sec @ 95mph. Anyone have 1/8 mile in Plaid?

Some numbers from Dragy in the LR:
1/8 mile - 7.25s @ 95mph
0-60 - Best of 3.2s with no launch control and 70% SOC

@Tex EV in other thread said his LR did 1/8 mi in 7.25 sec @ 95mph. Anyone have 1/8 mile in Plaid?

The Plaid does the 1/8 mile in 6.01 seconds at 120.22 mph, per DragTimes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oktane