Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just starting to get used to the turn signals. Trying very hard not to look down each time I need to engage them to reinforce this training. The hard part so far is learning how to engage a "quick" signal (which should be 3, not 1, but never mind for now) versus a long (don't turn off until the wheel is back to straight again.) Are you able to tell the difference by feel alone? What's the trick? I find, more often than not, that I just rely on engaging the long mode, and then manually turning it back off...but sometimes I've engaged the "short" mode and then end up turning it back on! Frustrating!
I went through the same. For the turn signals, I really rely on the bump on the yoke to tell me where my thumb is. It took me a while to get the short/long press figured out--as I have noted earlier, I am not a fan of the current implementation. For a while, I did the same thing you did: use a long press to engage for a lane change then disengage once I am done. What finally helped was sitting in the driveway, listening to some tunes and practicing until I got better--sorry, no magic answer.

I went through the same. For the turn signals, I really rely on the bump on the yoke to tell me where my thumb is. It took me a while to get the short/long press figured out--as I have noted earlier, I am not a fan of the current implementation. For a while, I did the same thing you did: use a long press to engage for a lane change then disengage once I am done. What finally helped was sitting in the driveway, listening to some tunes and practicing until I got better--sorry, no magic answer.
Yeah, that's how I'm still doing it as well - like an on-off button!

For the turn signals, I have found swiping seems to help sometimes. I swipe down until I hit the bump for the right signal, swipe up for the other and always seem to find the right spot easier this way versus just touching. Swipe quickly for 1 click, swipe and hold at the bump for continuous. For my hands, the right turn signal is very easy to use, but the left is a bit awkward to get my thumb that low which is why I am not yet a fan.

Interesting Article :)

LMAO

1629819581725.png

Nope not yet unfortunately.
If all goes as scheduled, and I receive delivery as scheduled next Thursday morning, I’ll go to HRP and also have 19” draggy numbers Friday night. I’ll be getting the Signature wheels and selling the 19”s asap.

One of my other cars is a 1,600+whp GTR, so the Tesla will not be my fast car.

If all goes as scheduled, and I receive delivery as scheduled next Thursday morning, I’ll go to HRP and also have 19” draggy numbers Friday night. I’ll be getting the Signature wheels and selling the 19”s asap.

One of my other cars is a 1,600+whp GTR, so the Tesla will not be my fast car.
Please do it. I had many people that contacted me saying Dragy times coming. Unfortunately only one actually did.

Again, please test the 19s! Thanks!

I wonder how much of the market will Plaid take away? Gearheads will still buy their sports car but for example the 4 door luxury high horsepower cars like the M8 competition buyers would definitely be considering this car.
I decided to replace my e63s for plaid. I have owned m5, ctsv and was looking for something different. I should have mine next week And will post impressions.

Cool - I always love reading first impressions from fellow speed freaks and car guys who buy their first performance Tesla. I was driving tuned Audis for many years (my last was an APR Stage II tuned Audi S7) before I made the switch 5 years ago. Have never looked back since.

One of these days, I'll have to tell the story here on TMC on what happened to my last ICE car that caused me to switch to Tesla. Spoiler: total ICE repair hell while on an East Coast road trip.

More Dragy times for LR. No launch control used.
Edit* Name of the poster was @SoCalrancher! Thank you and thanks to 2021Plaid for the name! 👍

Attachments

• 1EEA2793-BD2F-49CE-BE2B-E27BA251E5E5.jpeg
    1EEA2793-BD2F-49CE-BE2B-E27BA251E5E5.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 4E6AFDA9-A5C6-481E-9B6C-F16FC7CD36E2.jpeg
    4E6AFDA9-A5C6-481E-9B6C-F16FC7CD36E2.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 85
  • CE441A6B-5C7B-413A-9D66-464AF3773ADF.jpeg
    CE441A6B-5C7B-413A-9D66-464AF3773ADF.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited: