Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full interior with bunch of boxes in the trunk too , I was coming back from work . I just put 20 inch wheels on the car today , Michelin ps4 tires but I've run pretty much the same on 21s before . 0-60mph on 21s was 2.16 [2.0 with 1fr rollout] . It was kind of cold today when I did the hit, it was 64*f and 90% soc . I know the car will do 1.97 -1.98 on a warmer day and higher SOC .
View attachment 713428
So you and Brooks both hit 1.99 with signature wheels on the street on Michelin’s….interesting.

Planning to try for the record? Gotta beat 9.08. Looks like removing the front passenger and rear seat is the only way.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM BI*CH 1.99 ON THE EFFING STREEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONCE AGAIN CONFIRMED THAT THE PLAID CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Great run @KnoxPlaid, and also proves that any customer can in fact achieve this. Excellent work my dude! :D:D:D
Thanks , its going to warm up next week so I'd love to see 1.98 or possibly 1.97 but that might be hard

• Love
So you and Brooks both hit 1.99 with signature wheels on the street on Michelin’s….interesting.

Planning to try for the record? Gotta beat 9.08. Looks like removing the front passenger and rear seat is the only way.
Looks like the record holder is still trying to get into the 8s. If you look at his Instagram it’s a complete gut but no wheels.

@SignatureSales get this guy some shoes so we can see the first 8.99 car

I've made 6 1/4 mile street hits since I got the car . It's crazy how close the trap speed is on all of the 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs.
20210924_201748.jpg
20210924_203542.jpg

So to sum of 48 pages of time slips, if you can run 9.1 or better you have 99.9% chance of beating a Plaid in the 1/4. Even gutting the car isn’t going to bring much gain at this point. So unless Tesla releases some sort of boost like the 3/Y it is sort of like Groundhog Day where the times keep repeating themselves.

Until somebody comes up with a way to get significantly more power out of the car it’s sort of like everything is at a dead end. All we have is more runs confirming what we already know. Lots of great runs, truly impressive, but what’s next?

So to sum of 48 pages of time slips, if you can run 9.1 or better you have 99.9% chance of beating a Plaid in the 1/4. Even gutting the car isn’t going to bring much gain at this point. So unless Tesla releases some sort of boost like the 3/Y it is sort of like Groundhog Day where the times keep repeating themselves.

Until somebody comes up with a way to get significantly more power out of the car it’s sort of like everything is at a dead end. All we have is more runs confirming what we already know. Lots of great runs, truly impressive, but what’s next?
Has anyone tried slicks? :D

So I got around to mounting the 19s with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (impressive tire, BTW). Did speed runs in my usual spot and,TBH, not a huge difference--the 2.28 is the 21s+ Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and the 2.38 is the 19s + Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4.

BTW, weigh difference between the 2 is not huge:

21s: 58 lbs Front, 65 lbs Rear
19s: 54 lbs Front, 58 lbs Rear

IMG_50E9D86FEEDB-1.jpeg
IMG_D79F08D2F039-1.jpeg

So I got around to mounting the 19s with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (impressive tire, BTW). Did speed runs in my usual spot and,TBH, not a huge difference--the 2.28 is the 21s+ Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and the 2.38 is the 19s + Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4.

BTW, weigh difference between the 2 is not huge:

21s: 58 lbs Front, 65 lbs Rear
19s: 54 lbs Front, 58 lbs Rear

View attachment 714443View attachment 714442
Nice Omar! Did you notice an increase in road noise when traveling at highway speeds from the new tires?