Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Cross post again)
Holy crap the active spoiler is BACK!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ 🔋 🔋 🔋 🔋 🔋 🔋 🔋 🔋 🔋

Reactions: UltradoomY
Looks like cross-drilled carbon ceramic brakes and 8 pistons calipers up front. With the new wheels, probably Sport Cup2 and aero this car should be much quicker around the track than the regular Plaid.
Most importantly if it has 200 mph unlocked, that thing will MOVE. The stock the Plaid was hitting the limiter several time throughout the lap. :)

Wondering if it's gonna a Track Pack retrofit package like the Model3 had, or a brand new option Plaid Performance (?).

Can't imagine the ZeroG wheels, Cup2, CC Brakes and aero will be a cheap package...
Probably a retrofit for current owners and hopefully an option on the configurator. I'm hoping for at least the wheels to be configurable. The whole package would probably be like $15k or $20k for the forged wheels, Cup 2 tires, better brakes (possibly carbon ceramics), active wing with the tailgate, and front splitter. Hopefully there are individual options too.

Reactions: UltradoomY and AMGF
Probably a retrofit for current owners and hopefully an option on the configurator. I'm hoping for at least the wheels to be configurable. The whole package would probably be like $15k or $20k for the forged wheels, Cup 2 tires, better brakes (possibly carbon ceramics), active wing with the tailgate, and front splitter. Hopefully there are individual options too.
Elon already said the track pack is not in the works as a factory option. Have to go thru, I assume, a place like Unplugged Performace. Perhaps they can work it like did at GM and folks like SLP or Ligenfelter where you can order the car as usual and they ship it to the outside vendor for the upgrades, then it comes to you.

Elon already said the track pack is not in the works as a factory option. Have to go thru, I assume, a place like Unplugged Performace. Perhaps they can work it like did at GM and folks like SLP or Ligenfelter where you can order the car as usual and they ship it to the outside vendor for the upgrades, then it comes to you.
Yes but the ZeroG wheels have shown up in Tesla's own EPC, and so has the "no active aero" tailgate also, hinting that there will be one in the future. I'm not sure how they will offer this, but definitely some things seem to be coming from Tesla directly.

Reactions: bhzmark
Sport mode in plaid beats my P85D Ludicrous! in the 1/4 (but not 1/8 or 60 foot)

sport mode vs P95DL

1/4 mile 11.03 vs 11.3
1/8 mile 7.26 vs 7.15
60 ft 1.91 vs 1.61

The plaid in sport mode looks like a bracket racing winner with a dial in of 11.00. (still need a jacket under NHRA rules, but not a roll cage and parachute)
This is something I've been hoping Tesla Plaid Channel does if he has restrictions on the 1/4 mile. Then he doesn't have to limit the car so much, and he can go flat out against other cars.

Reactions: bhzmark
Full weight besides SV 20 inch wheels.
20211014_204434.jpg
20211014_220039.jpg
20211014_205156.jpg
20211014_205254.jpg
20211014_205336.jpg

I am totally relaxed about the Nevera being faster than the Plaid.
They are totally different cars with totally different intended audiences, prices and use cases.
How many times will I see a Nevera? Nevera.
I don't care about the comparison. Let the Rimac be a faster, rarer, sportier car. It's no competition for the Model S in any way :)
Not to mention the price difference!