Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that is an interesting topic - how long does the Plaid (and maybe by extension the LR) maintain its rated performance over its lifetime.

Yeah it is good to have a problem like amazement turning to boredom. I've had that happen with quite a few vehicles. Hopefully your Plaid isn't starting to lay down so to speak. I am more of a bike guy than a car buy, the acceleration tends to be more brutal and a lot more visceral in general. I remember one of the first 9 second bikes (1/4 mile) I built. I sold it to a friend a while ago but recently had a chance to ride it again.

My internal accelerometer has clearly been recalibrated by the bikes I've built since then. I wouldn't call riding it tame but kept waiting for it to really start pulling. Acceleration is a drug I get used to very quickly, unfortunately. Maybe you have the same issue. Hopefully it isn't the car falling off. That would really suck.

Reactions: jebinc
I have been following this thread from the outset. I think there maybe have been a total of 3 or 4 times posted. The best was a 10.8 as you mentioned. I'd have to go back to be certain. There were some initial very low 11's that I saw.

It would be great if this thread were split into Plaid and LR times. It is pretty much 99.8% Plaid content anyway. I plan on making some runs when I get mine in a few weeks to have a baseline for its performance.

I have been following this thread from the outset. I think there maybe have been a total of 3 or 4 times posted. The best was a 10.8 as you mentioned. I'd have to go back to be certain. There were some initial very low 11's that I saw.

It would be great if this thread were split into Plaid and LR times. It is pretty much 99.8% Plaid content anyway. I plan on making some runs when I get mine in a few weeks to have a baseline for its performance.
We used to have a Plaid thread (I started) then this one sprung up and we consolidated since it seemed we'd have lots of times from both.

Saw a couple of instagram videos earlier of a local gal running 156 and 157mph in her new Plaid at the track. I think 157 is the highest mph I've seen to date. 19 inch wheels and gutted interior. She also has the top dragy times now for 1/8 and 1/4. 5.86 and 9.04. These cars are insane!

Saw a couple of instagram videos earlier of a local gal running 156 and 157mph in her new Plaid at the track. I think 157 is the highest mph I've seen to date. 19 inch wheels and gutted interior. She also has the top dragy times now for 1/8 and 1/4. 5.86 and 9.04. These cars are insane!

Crazy trap speed . Has to be the first Plaid on drag radial tires

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Here we go...

Man the Plaid walks away from that Ferrari! Had the dummy in the Plaid not jumped it 2 times, all five races would've been won by the Plaid. And this particular Plaid is very slow compared to what we are used to seeing because of the tires!
Brooks does say in colder weather the SF90 will get more power, but then there will be more wheelspin to contend with, none of which will affect the Plaid.
So basically, as I suspected, Plaid will pull the Ferrari throughout the 1/4 mile, and will pull it all the way up to 200 once that update is released.
So happy for this!🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

In case anyone didn't know yet, it's game over for ICE cars. Tesla as a 10 year old company is beating the fastest street Ferrari ever with its 5000lbs sedan that's meant to carry kids to school and get the groceries.

As a pure track car, EVs will keep lagging behind because of the weight of batteries and the time to recharge. But as a street car it's untouchable.

As a pure track car, EVs will keep lagging behind because of the weight of batteries and the time to recharge. But as a street car it's untouchable.

They will not keep lagging. Battery technology is improving every year along an exponential curve that we are just entering. The higher the energy density, the less batteries needed to achieve the same performance. The less batteries, the lower the weight - creating compounded performance improvement in both in a straight line and in handling. The higher the voltage system, the less time to charge. 4680's will show this to a noticeable degree. Structural packs will also increase the polar moment of inertia - improving handling even further. Next comes solid state batteries in just a few more years or so, enhancing the effects even more.

They will not keep lagging. Battery technology is improving every year along an exponential curve that we are just entering. The higher the energy density, the less batteries needed to achieve the same performance. The less batteries, the lower the weight - creating compounded performance improvement in both in a straight line and in handling. The higher the voltage system, the less time to charge. 4680's will show this to a noticeable degree. Structural packs will also increase the polar moment of inertia - improving handling even further. Next comes solid state batteries in just a few more years or so, enhancing the effects even more.
I should have said until the weight and recharge time are handled EV will lag behind.
Wether or not the Roadster is it, remains to be seen. If not, then it will have to wait for the next generation and god knows when it will be.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid