Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Screenshot_20211204-162236_dragy.jpg

2% slope, hence invalid, but not bad. MS LR.

Has anyone seen enforcement of this? “An NHRA Level 6 license is required for drivers running quicker than 10.00 (*6.39) or faster than 135 mph.”

Has anyone seen enforcement of this? “An NHRA Level 6 license is required for drivers running quicker than 10.00 (*6.39) or faster than 135 mph.”
The process seems pretty straightforward--complete 2 qualifying passes and get an official to sign the application--I'll have to see when the street day is at the track. :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So, went to the drag strip today. Two interesting things to share...

The *big* thing is the let me full runs, not needing to lift off to keep it over 10s and under 150 mph. The rules ar so new, everyone is not up to speed, but we got there early and politely pressed the issues during the tech check--the guy was kind enough to head to the office to check and voila, we were golden. It was a lot more fun being able to open up, but also be prepared for a bit of hassle. When I got my first time slip, I got yelled at the bit lady in the booth, another call to the office, and I was good to go. I also got my licensing runs in and sent in my application for the new Class 6 Street Legal license. (yay)

The second thing is my car did better than expected. Last trip to the drag strip, I did ~9.691s @ 151.11 mph on my 21s + Michelin PS4s. This time, I was on all-seasons (Michelin PSAS4) on 19s and starting at 85% SoC (got busy at work and forgot to top off). To my surprise my best run was 9.473s @ 151.53. I think some of the improvement came from the switch to 19s, but I would thing some of that would be offset by the lower SoC and the all season tires (ambient temp was ~80F). I'd be curious what other folks think. The video is here
(Dragy was showing a bit slower than the track timing for some reason).

IMG_D0F874691A5F-1.jpeg

Last edited:

The *big* thing is the let me full runs, not needing to lift off to keep it over 10s and under 150 mph. The rules ar so new, everyone is not up to speed, but we got there early and politely pressed the issues during the tech check--the guy was kind enough to head to the office to check and voila, we were golden. It was a lot more fun being able to open up, but also be prepared for a bit of hassle. When I got my first time slip, I got yelled at the bit lady in the booth, another call to the office, and I was good to go. I also got my licensing runs in and sent in my application for the new Class 6 Street Legal license. (yay)

The second thing is my car did better than expected. Last trip to the drag strip, I did ~9.691s @ 151.11 mph on my 21s + Michelin PS4s. This time, I was on all-seasons (Michelin PSAS4) on 19s and starting at 85% SoC (got busy at work and forgot to top off). To my surprise my best run was 9.473s @ 151.53. I think some of the improvement came from the switch to 19s, but I would thing some of that would be offset by the lower SoC and the all season tires (ambient temp was ~80F). I'd be curious what other folks think. The video is here

View attachment 785055
Are you using cheetuh stance? MPH is really good, so I’d expect you’d be 9.2x with the 151 trap speed. Your 60 ft at 1.6 is slow, so you’re losing time at the launch. Did you spin a lot?
My best is [email protected], and my 60 ft was 1.45 to give you an idea

Omar,

Thanks for answering one of the questions that has been nagging at me. It "feels" like my car is getting a bit slower. I had one of the newest Ducs hang with me and even pulled at bit at one point from a rolling 70 mph. It sounds like your results are indicating Tesla is not playing games with power delivery as milage increases which is very good news indeed.

I'm at 13.5k miles. How many do you have if you feel like sharing?

Omar,

Thanks for answering one of the questions that has been nagging at me. It "feels" like my car is getting a bit slower. I had one of the newest Ducs hang with me and even pulled at bit at one point from a rolling 70 mph. It sounds like your results are indicating Tesla is not playing games with power delivery as milage increases which is very good news indeed.

I'm at 13.5k miles. How many do you have if you feel like sharing?
I am a touch under 7K miles

Are you using cheetuh stance? MPH is really good, so I’d expect you’d be 9.2x with the 151 trap speed. Your 60 ft at 1.6 is slow, so you’re losing time at the launch. Did you spin a lot?
My best is [email protected], and my 60 ft was 1.45 to give you an idea
Good questions.

For my first two licensing runs, I did use Cheetah stance because I was running solo, but after that I did a couple more side-by-sidue runs for fun and just mashed the pedal. Those came in as

[email protected]
[email protected]

I do think my car has an issue hooking at this track, maybe whatever they spray on the track (I do drive around the water pool)? On my first outing last summer, on summer tires, I was seeing slower 60ft and 0-60 times than I was seeing on my favorite stretch of backroad, so something was/is up. Looking at the Dragy traces, it looked like the traction control was a bit more active.

View attachment 785055
I went to lightweight 20s and now back to the stock 19s on Pirellis and the 19s have been my fastest times. My 60 ft was slightly better with the 20 inch setup but my top end, quarter mile, mph, and 0-130 was a little quicker with the 19s for some reason.