Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Sandbagged" might be a bit strong—after all, the LR is the quickest non-performance Tesla yet. I think that word might be appropriate if the LR was touted as "performance" model, but it's "just" a "regular" Tesla. ;)

I think it feels slower than the performance models because of the throttle response difference between performance and non-performance models. The performance models definitely bring on the power very, very fast, while the non-performance models bring on full power merely quickly. The LR pulls approximately 0.75g from 5MPH to 60MPH. It's mostly that 0-5 that is noticeably difference between, say, an M3P and MSLR.

According to Dragy my 2020 s performance pulled over 1G until about 50mph peaking at around 1.2G from like 20 to 40mph of course with 100% interior.

Raven gutted peaked at over 1.3G 😊

is there anymore weight you can take out? Possibly run without the rear hatch if they let you?

Of course there is more but I am not willing to sacrifice the look to lower ET.

Removing mirrors is about as much as I was gonna to in this regard and still look very good

interior... is another thing 😂

I know Chillin with Chet did remove hatch but his plaid has some issues so its not running times it should. His should be faster than mine

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Of course there is more but I am not willing to sacrifice the look to lower ET.

Removing mirrors is about as much as I was gonna to in this regard and still look very good

interior... is another thing 😂

I know Chillin with Chet did remove hatch but his plaid has some issues so its not running times it should. His should be faster than mine
From his recent YT video I think it’s wrecked. His issues stem from making into a submarine lol

^ yeah he installed the unplugged performance carbon ceramic brakes and lines but for some reason decided to use the stock brake fluid.... then went to abuse them on the track and wrecked hitting a wall at 100mph. Car looks rough including a broken carbon rotor but I'm surprised it held up as well as it did given how gutted and cut up his car was. He broke his knee, 5 ribs and has bruised lungs.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
^ yeah he installed the unplugged performance carbon ceramic brakes and lines but for some reason decided to use the stock brake fluid.... then went to abuse them on the track and wrecked hitting a wall at 100mph. Car looks rough including a broken carbon rotor but I'm surprised it held up as well as it did given how gutted and cut up his car was. He broke his knee, 5 ribs and has bruised lungs.
Darwinism at work...

• Funny
Reactions: MarcG
Chillin’ with Chet

Yikes, yes looks wrecked

The dude was on a track at over 260kmh and wasn't wearing a helmet. I would argue that Darwinism failed here.
But, he almost qualified for this year’s Darwin Award!

1656166881539.png

From his recent YT video I think it’s wrecked. His issues stem from making into a submar
Chillin’ with Chet

Yikes, yes looks wrecked
I hate to see a crash like that.. terrible.

What kind of track allows someone to go out and push hard with NO HELMET??

And what kind of human goes out on a track and pushes to over 160mph WITHOUT WEARING A HELMET??

🤦‍♂️

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and jebinc
I hate to see a crash like that.. terrible.

What kind of track allows someone to go out and push hard with NO HELMET??

And what kind of human goes out on a track and pushes to over 160mph WITHOUT WEARING A HELMET??

🤦‍♂️
There are tons of tracks that basically have no safety requirements at all.

“If you signed the waiver you are good to go.”

I have seen kids in car seats in the back go into the 12s @ 100+ mph.

791F9AAB-A0BE-418B-83F5-F765F008D2D8.jpeg