Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The X chassis is flexy, probably because of the giant holes in it and the bizarre load paths forced by where the holes are, so it seems like keeping it below the limit is a better long-term trackday longevity play. At least if you want the doors to still shut when you leave the track

I really don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the Y other than it will be disappointing compared to Model 3 with the same hardware and a lot more ass. Wonder if they tabled it until the 4680 cars because I would think the cooling profile will be pretty different with the new cells

I know somebody got a 3.7 0-60 on their base refresh X on the dragy, but I don't think he's had a chance to do 60-130 or 1/4. If it's anything like the S that's a really launch-limited time and it's quicker on the topend, maybe a high 11 at 115-118?

The X chassis is flexy, probably because of the giant holes in it and the bizarre load paths forced by where the holes are, so it seems like keeping it below the limit is a better long-term trackday longevity play. At least if you want the doors to still shut when you leave the track

I really don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the Y other than it will be disappointing compared to Model 3 with the same hardware and a lot more ass. Wonder if they tabled it until the 4680 cars because I would think the cooling profile will be pretty different with the new cells

I know somebody got a 3.7 0-60 on their base refresh X on the dragy, but I don't think he's had a chance to do 60-130 or 1/4. If it's anything like the S that's a really launch-limited time and it's quicker on the topend, maybe a high 11 at 115-118?

I assume you mean the falcon wing doors? But is it still flexy with the doors closed? Don't they become structural members at that point?

What seemed odd is it sounded like the X was having wheel slippage and the S just hooked and left.

What would have been very interesting is to load up 4 other people in the S and run it next to the X. Or put sandbags to account for the weight differential and see if that is the only reason why it is slower.

What's sorta wild about that video is it's one of the closest races I've seen with a Plaid S, though it was only to 90 or whatever I'm sure it will get ugly for the X above 120. And it has room for like 12 people if you stack 'em right

What I would really like to see for the versions of the Plaid is what I'd call the no-prep mode. Let's suppose you line up on the street, put in the most aggressive mode that you can to launch the car in 10 seconds (for a hypothetical light to turn green). What are your times then.

I don't live at the track anymore. I'd be more interested in knowing what it will run on about an 80% SoC with what you can dial in very quickly to run. I know the M3P's I tested will easily rip off 3.2 (w/out rollout). So what is a Plaid S at under similar circumstances; 2.4? How about a Plaid X? The S LR?