Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DRAGY Times LR AWD w/Performance Boost Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick Google search turned up a 1/4 mile time of 12.8 seconds @ 114.8 MPH for the Long Range Dual Motor Model Y. It also shows 0 to 60 MPH in 4.1 seconds so this must be after the AB was applied.

CarIndigo article includes a table that show the Long Range Model Y 0 to 60 MPH in 4.8 seconds (Tesla spec), 1/4 mile in 12.7 seconds, (no speed indicated.)
2021 Tesla Model Y electric 0-60 and Quarter Mile Times | CarIndigo.com

AutoEvolution article states Performance Model Y 0 to 60 MPH in 3.4 seconds; 1/4 mile in 11.91 seconds @ 116 MPH.
Tesla Model Y Performance Hits 60 MPH in 3.4 Seconds, 1/4-Mile in 11.91 Seconds

Last edited:
Reactions: Skavatar
The app you are using has a leader board too. I too am curious what the 1/4 times will be with boost. Let us know.
EFE4051C-57B8-4CAD-A90D-9AE1A3E0E7C8.png

Last edited:
Here are my best of 3 runs this morning. It was 46 degrees, clear but windy and my starting SOC was 92%

Best 1/4 time:
eUbuuMk.png

kCS9ZuX.png

Best 0 to 60 time:
p4OLsqF.png

tUtEDpT.png

Still trying to figure out how to take a screen capture of all the pages associated with a run vs individual screen captures. But I think I have captured all the data.

Still trying to understand the raw 0 to 60 vs the 1-foot rollout time. I know the 1-ft rollout is the official NHRA measurement for 1/4 times, but the 0 to 60 isn't really a drag racing time they carte about. So in reality the "street time" is probably more important.

Thoughts/comments?

I read on another discussion that the Tesla advertised times for the AWD are from a stop, but the Performance times were with a rollout. I’m not sure if that’s true, but the implication was that the AWD with Performance Boost isn’t that far off from the Performance MY. I think it doesn’t really matter which method you use as long as any cars you compare use the same method for comparison. In this case, with 1 car, the comparison is to the advertised speeds (4.8 w/o boost vs 4.2 w/ boost). So, the test from stop seems like the right one to do. Looks like you beat it! Though it would be interesting to see it from a rollout.

Last edited:
I read on another discussion that the Tesla advertised times for the AWD are from a stop, but the Performance times were with a rollout. I’m not sure if that’s true, but the implication was that the AWD with Performance Boost isn’t that far off from the Performance MY. I think it doesn’t really matter which method you use as long as any cars you compare use the same method for comparison. In this case, with 1 car, the comparison is to the advertised speeds (4.8 w/o boost vs 4.2 w/ boost). So, the test from stop seems like the right one to do. Looks like you beat it! Though it would be interesting to see it from a rollout.
Times are from a complete stop. What the rollout is referring to is the first 12" is not logged, so the timer actually starts after 1 feet of movement. This is to mimic the lasers at the drag strip, where the actual starting line is 12" from the last staging laser.

MYP times are 3.5 with the rollout 3.7 without. LRY is 4.6 with the rollout, 4.8 without. Tesla never mentions the 4.6 because they want to make the MYP appear to be much faster. Poor/questionable marketing on their part.

Times are from a complete stop. What the rollout is referring to is the first 12" is not logged, so the timer actually starts after 1 feet of movement. This is to mimic the lasers at the drag strip, where the actual starting line is 12" from the last staging laser.

MYP times are 3.5 with the rollout 3.7 without. LRY is 4.6 with the rollout, 4.8 without. Tesla never mentions the 4.6 because they want to make the MYP appear to be much faster. Poor/questionable marketing on their part.
Which is why the LR AWD for the 3 and Y vary. Tesla used to claim 4.4 for the LR AWD 3, but publications started touting 4.0 due to the one foot rollout and Tesla started to come around a bit in their materials when it was what they had always used for the Performance models.

Reactions: pt19713

That explains it. Thanks. I just added the boost yesterday so I was curious about the real deal on this. Good summary.

Reactions: pt19713
I just bought the acceleration boost upgrade. I saw the dragy times, and I appreciate you posting that. Were you running on the street? I'm wondering if the times would improve at the track. Were you using slip start? I believe the traction control will limit power if it sense any kind of spin, and slow you down on the street. Maybe you can try it without traction control and see. I don't have a dragy yet or I would myself. Thanks, and be safe.

I wasn't on a track. There wasn't a soul around. I didn't do anything special. I just matted the accelerator and hung on. As I said my battery wasn't fully warmed and it was chilly (around 46 degrees) and it had rained the night before so I'm guessing the grip wasn't PERFECT, but that's the real world. Had I tried that in my 2014 Stingray it would have sat there and spun the tires and made smoke and noise but no GRIP.

I wasn't on a track. There wasn't a soul around. I didn't do anything special. I just matted the accelerator and hung on. As I said my battery wasn't fully warmed and it was chilly (around 46 degrees) and it had rained the night before so I'm guessing the grip wasn't PERFECT, but that's the real world. Had I tried that in my 2014 Stingray it would have sat there and spun the tires and made smoke and noise but no GRIP.
Okay, I got you. Very impressive results. I used to drag race a little bit so that's why I'm thinking about track speed.