Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dramatically improved efficiency from 2016 MX to 2019 MX LR LUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fairchild

14S,16 X90,18 3,19 XRvn, 21 Y, 14S. 22 YP, 23 3
Mar 27, 2016
Florida
Just compared the kw/mile usage on my 2016 Model X 90D(0-60 4.8) and it is 430 with my
2019 Model X LR LUD Blue Raven 100D, which was 354 kw/mile.

Wow! Considering I was the driver for each, that would imply that the new battery technology and new front motor efficiency has come a long way.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Reactions: DanCar
I don't think Performance variant is that much off from regular model.
The Main difference is that it's Raven.
I'm doing 1300 mile road trip later next month and my Nav is showing 6 charging stops only!
I had 10 for slightly shorter distance on my P90DL last year
I'm on 20s

P.S. My 80% SOC now is offering better range than 100% on old P90DL
And it's much easier to hit rated range on Raven than the older car

Keep in mind the Ravens haven’t seen a winter yet, so the averages will go up.

Having said that, they are markedly more efficient - my Ludicrous Raven (least efficient version with all season tires) is noticeably better than my 2016 X75D (most efficient version back then) was with the same tires.

My commute is very consistent, so it's super easy to compare
Plus, anything over 70mph on P90DL was a disaster for range. Not the case for Raven. It's easy to achieve EPA rating at that speed, which is nuts

P.S. I'll be doing 2500+ road trip, same as i did last year on P90DL (also same time). Should be good comparison

Of course, stealing the World SUV Speed Record from the Lamborghini Urus at Palm Beach International Raceway didn't contribute to lowering my overall kw/hour, but it sure was fun and put a check on the bucket list.

getPart

Of course, stealing the World SUV Speed Record from the Lamborghini Urus at Palm Beach International Raceway didn't contribute to lowering my overall kw/hour, but it sure was fun and put a check on the bucket list.

getPart