Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drastic Range Decrease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi, I know this has been talked to death. Over the last 2 updates i've noticed a range decrease. I usually charge to 80-90% which give me a range both projected at about 400 km or displayed at about 350-375km... Ever since these 2 updates my range hovers around 250km.

the only thing that may have changed is due to renovations i've been forced to use the super charger vs my home charger for the last month or so...

How can I properly tell if my range has increased so i can properly validate if i should contact tesla or not.

again i know it's been talked about to death & usually i'm ok with the dips here & there but the dip has been consistent over the last month month 1/2

hi, I know this has been talked to death. Over the last 2 updates i've noticed a range decrease. I usually charge to 80-90% which give me a range both projected at about 400 km or displayed at about 350-375km... Ever since these 2 updates my range hovers around 250km.

the only thing that may have changed is due to renovations i've been forced to use the super charger vs my home charger for the last month or so...

How can I properly tell if my range has increased so i can properly validate if i should contact tesla or not.

again i know it's been talked about to death & usually i'm ok with the dips here & there but the dip has been consistent over the last month month 1/2

I would charge to 100% one of these days and let the BMS see the top of the battery again. Drive it down to under 20% and then charge it up to 90% or above again. See if the displayed range changes.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but have you read this thread: How I Recovered Half of my Battery's Lost Capacity ?

I would run down battery to like 15% and then to full, my range had slowly creeped lower and lower and after doing that when i topped to 100 it showed 237miles on my sr+ which is perfectly accurate considering i took off the hub caps and added mud flaps. then I realized its easier to just use the % and forget about it, I actually charge every night at home, so range never an anxiety, except if you are constantly trying to measure it