TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Draw Tite hitch twist?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by j-rho, Aug 12, 2018.

1. j-rho

j-rho Member

Queston for users of the Draw-Tite aftermarket hitch for the X. Did yours have any “twist” in it as delivered? On mine, if one side is on a flat surface, the other side is a bit twisted, such that the highest corner sits 3.5mm proud of the reference plane.
    Thinking I maybe just got a poorly made hitch, but there’s a small chance that’s how the cars are?
    Didn’t want to find out halfway through the install, the part is bogus.
    Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. dennisvab

dennisvab Member

I don’t have a model x but I would say that it is not supposed to be like that. From my experience the frame rails on the vehicle (where the hitch mounts) are going to be symmetrical. I would have them send you a new one