TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Draw-Tite Hitch?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by iluvmacs, Jun 7, 2017.

1. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Has anyone installed the Draw-Tite hitch receiver and have an opinion/review on it? It's quite a lot cheaper than the typical one from Torklift Central, so it's got me intrigued. For reference, I will only be using this for a bike rack, not actual towing. Thanks!

• Informative x 1
  2. jlv1

jlv1 Member

I was recently looking into hitches for a bike rack, but I need a 2" receiver. etrailer has an EcoHitch for 3x the cost of that Draw-Tite: 2016 Tesla Model S Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com Seems like a lot extra.

(BTW: my S was built in Feb 2017 -- does that make it a 2016 or a 2017?)

3. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

They're just reselling the Torklift one.

4. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

*Bump* Anyone?

5. Gurujeff03

Gurujeff03 Member

The Torklift Eco-hitch is not the same as the draw tite. Obvious differences. Eco hitch is available in 1 1/4 and 2" receivers. Draw tite only 1 1/4". Eco hitch receiver is removable and the draw tite is not.

6. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Well aware. You didn't follow through all the context where you can buy an "EcoHitch" or the Draw-tite one from eTrailer.com. The one they call "EcoHitch" is surely just them reselling the Torklift model.

7. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

Doesn't look near as sturdy as the EcoHitch. The fact they have the same ratings is reassuring to me, that I chose the EcoHitch model. FTR, my hitch scrapes the ground sometimes pulling out of steep driveways. The fact my hitch receiver is removable is a big plus, IMO.

8. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Yeah, that was one of my concerns. No SAS on our Model S to alleviate that either.

9. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

I have a DT Hitch sitting in my garage to install. Have installed Torklift on two other Model S's. I have never removed the hitch receiver on any of the installs. Will pst details once installed.

• Like x 1