Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreaded bms_a029 followed by bms_a174

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, wanted to share my experience with these battery errors.

25K miles on Tesla Model 3, took delivery May 6, 2021 (Just hit a year old)

Yesterday, 5/26: Was on lunch and sitting in my car, noticed the first error "Maximum battery charge level reduced (OK to drive - Schedule service)"
I called the service center, and they said to create a service appointment, verified I already had one, and added to it
Today, 5/27: Got into my car this morning, noticed the car didn't charge. Looked at the alerts as the "Maximum battery charge level reduced" was still showing but there was no other error showing below the car on the right side. Found bms_a147 "Unable to charge (Disconnect and retry)"
Thanks to my research on this forum, I didn't trust it. Went to work and on lunch I called the service center, same thing, just wait for your service appointment & be patient, but they were unnecessarily rude. Decided to call roadside support, they suggested I take it into the SC.
Drove there on my lunch, verified the car is unable to charge on their wall charger, took it around to their supercharger, went from 35% to 41% after 8 minutes, not good.
The show-room guy then asked if I had tried a 110 outlet, verified I hadn't and don't have the adapter anymore. We brought one over and basically was telling me to get on my way. Didn't particularly care for that, esp because I need my car to commute to work. Asked if they had any outlets we could test at, "Nope, we've disabled them all due to the homeless", asked if there was a way from inside or from the showroom "Nope, won't reach".
Now I was kinda upset, still wasn't expressing dissatisfaction, but definitely not a happy camper.
I was going to go and test and come back, but he then said I could come inside and speak to the service manager, then, "but he's going to tell you the same thing I did."
It's one thing to say this, and it's another thing to say this and be wrong.
Walked in, talked with the service manager, he got a tech to look at the car remotely, verify it's limiting itself to 50% and let me know that it would need a HV battery replacement.
But ofc, told they don't have a loaner for me.
Let them know again, I need a car as I commute to work to make money to pay for my car.
Thankfully someone had just dropped off a loaner so got to take that on my way, but lord, each step of the way I was met with rudeness from the front staff of the SC. Has anyone else seen the same?

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC