Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreaded IP/DHCP Issue strikes again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been a few threads on this and I've tried about everything and totally at a loss.

So some background, I used to have Verizon's gateway and extenders through the house and the Tesla connected without issue. I've since upgraded my set up with a pfsense home made router and TP-Link mesh system. Since then I've been getting the attached error.

I've read that I should dual wheel button reboot, this doesn't work. I've read there are issues with mesh systems so I bought another router and running a separate dhcp serverand separate DNS. Same error, when after reboot. I'm able to connect devices to both set ups without issue. I've also run both setups where the 2.4 and 5ghzare joined and separate. I've also set up the new 2nd router as a "router" and in AP Mode.

I am able to tether my iphone and it connects no issue.

Here is the other trippy part, when I am away from home I can open my Tesla app and it operates normally, but when I am home nothing on the app updates. I disabled the wifi on the vehicle when at home and nothing on the app updates. If I tether my phone the app works fine.

What am I missing, anyone else have any other suggestions?

Edit- just noticed it connected when looking at the device list and then randomly disconnects. While it was connected the app didn't update.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 5B23DE5F-90FF-4FAC-B93C-BE4B9BC5DE13.jpeg
    5B23DE5F-90FF-4FAC-B93C-BE4B9BC5DE13.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Having a similar DHCP error when trying to connect to a valid AP created by my phone. Car authenticates WPA2 encryption fine and shows up in the device list on the phone. But ~20 sec later it drops itself off with the DHCP error displayed. My laptop and other phones have no issue connecting to this AP. Doing "sudo dhclient -v wlan0" from my laptop gives a perfect DHCP exchange by my phone. Very frustrating. Definitely a Tesla software problem and definitely something Tesla needs to fix.

Last edited: