Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dream Cruise-Not one Tesla seen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F62DBEC7-F704-4EDA-BDB7-DB378DE26556.jpeg The Dream Cruise in Motor City ended in a great success for all the other car mgf new, old,specialities autos. I road up the full 32 mile cars showing ,not one other single Tesla did I see, I also ask my stepdad to watch for and the same. I really thought this year would be like past. Waiting for that yearly invite , nothing happen ,won't make mistake next year. The 45 thousand different cars and 1 1/2 million spectators. Not one person ask me question on my model S, I felt really out numbered, only we had small show of support. Next year decided I will set it up.
More to come ,planning, event for 2019 . Want to be involved,questions just ask.

I went to "American Graffiti" in Modesto, CA.
While I enjoyed the day I was honestly worried someone would toss a beer at my car. Especially when I blew by a blown GTO on their short exhibition run. Those guys do NOT want to learn a new technology.
But only attending electric events will not get the word out.

I was thkthink about driving my Model 3 along Woodward but thought the old car enthusiasts would not appreciate it. Did you get any hate?

A couple of friends of mine and I were there with my Model S. We did not-quite-one complete lap, starting a little before 13 Mile in Royal Oak, north to Pontiac, and back south to 8 Mile. We got there later than planned, so we only cruised from 4:00 until it got dark around 9:00 and didn't get to sit on the sidelines (except for a little bit Friday night).

The autopilot was really convenient; the car just crept along in the right lane as I checked out all the cars in the street and on the sidelines. My friend in the back seat was taking pictures, and eventually realized I could pull out my camera and take some pictures from the driver's seat, too.

I didn't notice any Tesla hatred. The most common things people said were:

Rev it up! (ha ha)
Do a burnout! (not really possible)
Do a launch! (fair enough, but there's nowhere near enough room, plus mine's not quite as impressive as a Dual Motor in that respect)

I'd encourage others to roll through in the future. This was my first time at the Dream Cruise and I felt like it had one of the widest ranges of cars I've seen in one event before. While there's lots of old American cars, I saw quite a few modern cars as well as Japanese and European cars, so I didn't feel out of place at all.

There was at least one other Red Model S out there--Autoweek caught it in the background of this picture. I know it wasn't me, since I have different wheels.

https://autoweek.com/sites/default/...ic/44115144471_9571fe64c4_k.jpg?itok=s7JTkO41

The most common things people said were:

Rev it up! (ha ha)
Do a burnout! (not really possible)
Do a launch! (fair enough, but there's nowhere near enough room, plus mine's not quite as impressive as a Dual Motor in that respect)

You should do a Summon. Get out of your car and have it follow you as you walk down the street.