Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreamcase for Model S fits in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of you that own a Model S might have purchased a Dreamcase for it. And now maybe you are thinking about buying a Model Y and are wondering if that old Dreamcase would work. I just tested that out, and the answer is - sort of. The mattress itself fits really well, but the support for the part of the mattress that hangs over the gap behind the front seats is not tall enough to reach the mattress. I'm going to find way to make it work, and will post some pictures once I figure that out.

2dGgBQW1QZi8GkzL79SKgA.jpg

Reactions: qdeathstar
Thanks for your post. I have an air mattress right now and have been looking at the Dreamcase.

Have you tried pulling the rear seats so the backs lays more flat?

Some of you that own a Model S might have purchased a Dreamcase for it. And now maybe you are thinking about buying a Model Y and are wondering if that old Dreamcase would work. I just tested that out, and the answer is - sort of. The mattress itself fits really well, but the support for the part of the mattress that hangs over the gap behind the front seats is not tall enough to reach the mattress. I'm going to find way to make it work, and will post some pictures once I figure that out.

View attachment 631439

I think that's as flat as the seats can lay down, but it should flatten out more when you are laying on top of it. In the Model S, you are supposed to use the case of the Dreamcase under the mattress to even out the hump. Since there isn't really much of a hump in the Model Y, I haven't tried that yet. My son wants to do a test run of camping in the Y in our side yard tomorrow night, so we will see how it works.