Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreamcase Model Y camping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t normally post reviews or really post too much in general but I received the Dreamcase bed today for the Model Y and I’m amazed at the quality.

It arrived to my door less than a week after I ordered it. Shipped from Slovania to Ohio.

Invest in yourself and get comfortable bed. I hope this one is comfortable. I sure looks like it is.

The case itself looks amazing and is soft leather. Probably not vegan leather either. I’ll report back when I sleep on it.

I can’t reiterate how nice the materials are.
A34C8D72-C012-4EA8-944C-6629D13F0490.jpeg
3D312C78-5230-48BE-8DA6-5EFE34B8739F.jpeg
849FB930-90AA-4F01-8628-5ECCA1CCFA74.jpeg
7F006E30-3DCE-49DB-B0C1-6D7AA5359F9B.jpeg
D3112D59-5C7C-4FE6-8CDF-E633D5B4300D.jpeg

I plan to do some car camping in my Y and I'm eyeing the Dreamcase. I appreciate quality, being comfortable, and getting a good nights sleep. Skip a few nights in a hotel (approx $150/night) and it pays for itself.

Invest in yourself and get comfortable bed. I hope this one is comfortable. I sure looks like it is.

The case itself looks amazing and is soft leather. Probably not vegan leather either. I’ll report back when I sleep on it.

I can’t reiterate how nice the materials are.

Given the size, I think I would go for an inflatable mattress that I could easily stow away (probably in the frunk). Probably also saves about $220+ .

I will be trying this after my MY arrives. Exact same use case. Stow it easily somewhere else - so I always have it handy and still have room for other gear. I’ll probably start testing with a full size, and tinker with a twin at some point.

Reactions: Jashev
Exped megamat duo 10 is the best in terms of comfort, size and price. Dreamcase takes too much room.

images

Does the duo fit width wise in the Y? I ordered a Exped MegaMat max in the long extra wide format, and it is a bit too long (fits if you move the front seats pretty much all the way up), and a bit too narrow. I like the extra 2 inches thickness you get with the max, but if the duo 10 fits width wise I think that would be the smarter move (no rolling off the mat/better for 2 person camping).

I have spent well over 100 nights on my Dreamcase. Many times for 10-20 days in a row. For those that do significant travel, and don't mind sleeping in the car. I found the Dreamcase worth it.

For the occasional or throw in the frunk other options are available. Some like a simpler and cheaper setup. I like memory foam over inflation. I am a minimalist. So room for me is quite spacious when I remove back seat bottom, and have just one person for a 3. I also use it in my S as well for grandiose large car camping.:D

Some have borderline argued with me on why I spent so much money when something else would do, Sleep your sleep. If you do what I do you won't be disappointed. If you are going to leave it in the closet. Well you might be.

Here is the link to my review. Was prior to them making a couple upgrades on the packing. I had the first one for the 3. As others have said. The stitching and every detail was done like something that should be pulled out of a bespoke car. As in car luggage. I received many compliments from other campers. Usually pull into a BLM campground at 2am and get to greet the host in the morning. Also take the Dreamcase and put it out on a picnic table if there are no bugs. Tablecloth for sure.

Dreamcase Model 3 Pictures & Review

Thanks for your feedback and including your other thread. You've got a lot of experience so I appreciate your take.

The Exped Megamat might do, as well, but packing space and weight isn't my primary concern as the vehicle is doing the work and I don't have it strapped to my pack. There was another trip report that included the TesMat and, unfortunately, I don't think it'd work for me as I'm a side sleeper.

I have spent well over 100 nights on my Dreamcase. Many times for 10-20 days in a row. For those that do significant travel, and don't mind sleeping in the car. I found the Dreamcase worth it.

Dreamcase Model 3 Pictures & Review

Does the duo fit width wise in the Y? I ordered a Exped MegaMat max in the long extra wide format, and it is a bit too long (fits if you move the front seats pretty much all the way up), and a bit too narrow. I like the extra 2 inches thickness you get with the max, but if the duo 10 fits width wise I think that would be the smarter move (no rolling off the mat/better for 2 person camping).
you got to buy the Medium Double: 72 x 41 x 3.9 inches. I used to for camping-most comfortable mattress. Saw a guy on reddit used it on M3 -have to deflate a little-no doubt will be perfect for MY. I'm still waiting for my MY.
Imgur

Side sleeps
Thanks for your feedback and including your other thread. You've got a lot of experience so I appreciate your take.

The Exped Megamat might do, as well, but packing space and weight isn't my primary concern as the vehicle is doing the work and I don't have it strapped to my pack. There was another trip report that included the TesMat and, unfortunately, I don't think it'd work for me as I'm a side sleeper.

I would say side sleepers would be more air mattress folks. I sleep on back or stomach. Nice thing on the Y is you have the room to do air because of hatchback. Just need a little more darkness for the window area I would assume.

I like @Randy Spencer now sleep head in trunk on the 3. People see faces more than feet.

• Helpful
Reactions: sleepies
Nice, I ordered the Medium Double. I'll post a pic once I get it this week.

Just got my MY back from Tesla. Here is the Exped 10 Medium Double size in the model Y. It gets a little scrunched on the wheel wells, but it fits almost perfectly otherwise. The front seats are set to my driver position. It isn't thick enough to where you absolutely can't feel the floor through it when you are positioning, but even then it feels soft because of the thin layers of memory foam. While laying flat it is very comfortable.

upload_2020-7-14_17-57-18.png

Just got my MY back from Tesla. Here is the Exped 10 Medium Double size in the model Y. It gets a little scrunched on the wheel wells, but it fits almost perfectly otherwise. The front seats are set to my driver position. It isn't thick enough to where you absolutely can't feel the floor through it when you are positioning, but even then it feels soft because of the thin layers of memory foam. While laying flat it is very comfortable.

Do you need to put something behind the front seats to support the mattress so that it doesn't sag?

Would like to hear if someone has actually slept overnight as a couple. Im sure it would be fine for single guys but not sure if wife would be happy. Thinking I might sleep in a small tent and wife can sleep in car with her CPAP machine.