Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreamcase Model Y camping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Download the RV Parky app, this will show you all of the camp grounds in your areas

Also order one of these Gen 2 NEMA Adapters
14-50 from the Tesla store, it’s what’s the majority of the RV parks use for electrical hookup and to charge your Tesla.

Fred

Last edited:
Reactions: dixosw
Do you need to put something behind the front seats to support the mattress so that it doesn't sag?

I do not with the exped. It does hang over to where you would think it would sag, but it doesn't at all. I guess the air preasure from the weight of your shoulders down + the foam in the mattress is enough to keep it rigid even over the empty spots past where the rear seat head rests are.

Would like to hear if someone has actually slept overnight as a couple. Im sure it would be fine for single guys but not sure if wife would be happy. Thinking I might sleep in a small tent and wife can sleep in car with her CPAP machine.

I have slept in it by myself and it was fine. I will be sleeping in it for a 2 day camping trip this weekend with another person. I will report back after that.

Reactions: mark95476
Just got my MY back from Tesla. Here is the Exped 10 Medium Double size in the model Y. It gets a little scrunched on the wheel wells, but it fits almost perfectly otherwise. The front seats are set to my driver position. It isn't thick enough to where you absolutely can't feel the floor through it when you are positioning, but even then it feels soft because of the thin layers of memory foam. While laying flat it is very comfortable.

View attachment 564585
Hi, where did you get the Exped Megamat Duo 10 Medium? I wanted to get one as well for my Model Y, but it seems that most online retailers are out of stock. Thank you!

Hi, where did you get the Exped Megamat Duo 10 Medium? I wanted to get one as well for my Model Y, but it seems that most online retailers are out of stock. Thank you!

Got mine on Amazon.

Would like to hear if someone has actually slept overnight as a couple. Im sure it would be fine for single guys but not sure if wife would be happy. Thinking I might sleep in a small tent and wife can sleep in car with her CPAP machine.

I'm back from my 3 day road trip which included 2 nights sleeping in the Model Y with another person on the Exped 10 Duo. I'm 5'11" 180 pounds, pretty average build. The girl I was with is a few inches shorter, and takes up about the same amount of space. We slept great. She was actually excited by how comfortable we were able to get. The mattress is very comfortable and we both had enough space to sleep without touching each other if needed (back to back sleeping on sides). We plugged into 14-50 outlets at RV parks both nights, and cranked the AC down nice and low too keep it cool and comfortable all night in the car. The most cumbersome part of camping inside the Model Y is organizing your stuff before hopping into the back to sleep. Trying to change/get clothes ready for the next day, or getting things out of your bags (ours were on the floor behind the front seats) while the mattress is laid out is a bit of a challenge. But we had no issue making it work.

Got mine on Amazon.

I'm back from my 3 day road trip which included 2 nights sleeping in the Model Y with another person on the Exped 10 Duo. I'm 5'11" 180 pounds, pretty average build. The girl I was with is a few inches shorter, and takes up about the same amount of space. We slept great. She was actually excited by how comfortable we were able to get. The mattress is very comfortable and we both had enough space to sleep without touching each other if needed (back to back sleeping on sides). We plugged into 14-50 outlets at RV parks both nights, and cranked the AC down nice and low too keep it cool and comfortable all night in the car. The most cumbersome part of camping inside the Model Y is organizing your stuff before hopping into the back to sleep. Trying to change/get clothes ready for the next day, or getting things out of your bags (ours were on the floor behind the front seats) while the mattress is laid out is a bit of a challenge. But we had no issue making it work.
Great report, were you able to keep the A/C going while still connected to the 14-50 power?

Did you take pictures of your mattress layout.

Fred

I use this.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00DJ8HWBU

IMG_2499.jpg
IMG_2500.jpg

Here's how much room it takes up.

IMG_2371.jpg

Great report, were you able to keep the A/C going while still connected to the 14-50 power?

Did you take pictures of your mattress layout.

Fred

Yes, we used camp mode and set the temp to 64-66 and it still charged from 29 to 99% over night on the 14-50.

Only picture I have is on page one of this thread with the mattress in the back. Just picture that with a bunch of pillows strewn about haha. When packed and rolled up, the mattress fit easily in the under floor storage.

ForMyTesla Matress;

Very comfy and ready to go, will be camping out in the garage tonight in camp mode, set a new profile and call it Bedroom so you can set the front seats and steering wheel etc for this set up. The front seats are pushed forward all the way.

8E82766B-92F8-4790-A632-F98DA793269B.jpeg

2B15E9B6-4B4B-4208-A69E-745A6B26ED45.jpeg

27B046EA-E734-464A-9627-922062448CD7.jpeg

7F9413E4-EC0F-4F8B-A57A-EE416B28A9BC.jpeg

A87E22C2-5F8F-4C60-AAC7-48BC88674B65.jpeg

906458AC-C970-411F-ADC4-8620CD6A0E71.jpeg

E3F912FA-E0EF-42D7-BC53-1D842837B13B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: dixosw
ForMyTesla Matress;

Very comfy and ready to go, will be camping out in the garage tonight in camp mode, set a new profile and call it Bedroom so you can set the front seats and steering wheel etc for this set up. The front seats are pushed forward all the way.

When I tried sleeping in my M3 with a camprest, I couldn't make full use of the length because my head had to stay on the rear seat otherwise my head would be in the gag directly behind the front seat. Is your foam mattress firm enough that it holds up your head when over this gap?
Thanks,
Stan

Night 1. Adult & 2 small kids. A bit cramped. One kid would have been more comfortable. Bed is nice and worth it. 7 hrs of sleep. I usually get more REM though. View attachment 579305View attachment 579306View attachment 579307View attachment 579308

Sorry, I messed up my post by putting my text in previous message. Let's try again:

When I tried sleeping in my M3 with a camprest, I couldn't make full use of the length because my head had to stay on the rear seat otherwise my head would be in the gag directly behind the front seat. Is your foam mattress firm enough that it holds up your head when over this gap?
Thanks,
Stan